Back pain - suggestions???????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by whoachief, Feb 4, 2006.

1. whoachief

whoachief New Member

I'm open to any suggestions I can get. I pulled muscles in my mid back on Friday afternoon & have been in horrible pain since. Can't lay down, can't sit, can't stand. I just go from one position to another without relief. Muscle spasms are HORRIBLE! Any suggestions on how i could get some relief quick would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    [This Message was Edited on 02/04/2006]
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

If you are that uncomfortable you might want to go to the ER and get checked. It may be more than a pulled muscle.

Do you have any muscle relaxants like "Soma" or "Flexeril"

Try getting down on the floor like a cat - pull your knees up to your chest as far as you can. It will stretch those muscles that are in spasm.

Aspirin or Ibuprophen (like Advil) both are anti inflammatory.

Breathe deep - in through your nose, out through pursed lips, several times. Helps you relax.

Does anyone have a Vicoden?

Is anyone there that can gently massage your back, use olive oil or whatever oil you have in the kitchen. Warm it first. Have someone massage at least 30 minutes. You can lie on the floor face down if possible.

You can try a hot bath but probably are too uncomfortable right now.

Use your heaviest towels and run very hot water on them, then put on your back. Keep alternating the towels when they cool off.

Please consider going to the ER, you won't be sorry. They will give you something to make you more comfortable, you won't be sorry you went.....

[This Message was Edited on 02/04/2006]
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Wondering how you are doing today???