back pay for ssi and ssd

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by desertbreeze, Apr 3, 2007.

1. desertbreeze

desertbreeze New Member

Hi everyone reading this. i just received my favorable decision on march 9,2007. now the judge granted me ssd and ssi both back to april 1,2005 does that mean i will get two checks with back pay if he granted that on my decision letter? has anyone received both.

please let me know if anyone has this info. also i was just awarded the ssi by my local ss office her in vegas and she said i would have my first ssi check on may 1,2007 and then my back pay. she said a letter will be mailed out to me on april 6,2007 explaning everything.

any information would be greatly appreciated.rene--oh some info for fibro suffers--i had more flare ups in arizona than here in las vegas--and i know why it is alot dryer here than phoenix they have alot more humidity there and more rain. i had alot more pain there i cant believe it. but i did have alot of pain 2years ago before moving there but im happy to be back in vegas maybe thats why the pain is less too because im happy. happy at home and finally after 3 years I WON MY CASE AFTER FIRING BINDER AND BINDER PLEASE DONT ANYONE EVER GO WITH BINDER AND BINDER--RENE
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Hi Rene,

Can't answer the question on the checks as I have filed recently myself. You mention no to go with Binder and Binder (thanks for that info!!), who did you go with?? Do they work state wide?? Thanks Deb
  3. Engel

Engel New Member

So you get 11 months back pay? wow ... that is great. I am really happy for you.

I am just getting ready to apply for SSDI and SSI. I was going to go to Binder and Binder ... could you clarify why we should avoid them? I don't mean to be too personal.

Thanks for the info.
  4. Ginner

Ginner New Member

Rene,
    Congrats.. I am so happy for you!!

I applied for ssdi/ssi this Jan. 07.

As far as finding an attorney.
    I was referred to a disabilty att. who does at least 2 FMS cases a month by calling and talking to a firm who strictly does disabilty cases here, in Iowa

They say not to go to the attorneys who avertise like crazy. Binder / Binder advertises here also.

Gin

5. desertbreeze

desertbreeze New Member

I HAD BINDER AND BINDER UP TO MY HEARING AND WHEN I MET THE STUPID GUY I KNEW IT WOULD TAKE FOREVER FOR ME TO WIN MY CASE. ANYWAY I FIRED HIM ABOUT 25 DAYS AFTER MY HEARING. AND LAST MONTH THE JUDGE SENT ME A LETTER ASKING WHAT I THROUGHT THAT THEY SHOULD GET PAID BECAUSE BINDER WANTED 5,300 I SAID IF ANYTHING 1,500 SHOULD BE ALL THEY GET.
  6. desertbreeze

desertbreeze New Member

ENGEL NO I GET 2YEARS BACK PAY IT GOES BACK TO APRIL 1 2005 TO APRIL 1 2007
  7. jodboga

jodboga New Member

my brother in law got his back pay in installments , every six months . hope this is not the case for you .
  8. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I got 19 months backpayment, and yes it comes on the 1st of a month. I got it in one payment. Monthly payment times depend on your birthday.

I actually got paid before I got the letter.[This Message was Edited on 04/04/2007]