back pay

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pattyholland, Sep 16, 2008.

1. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

hi does anyone know anything about workmens comp and how does that effect your backpay.

Attys office just called and ask me some infor on it.

still waiting for backpay.

2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

patti, are you still waiting on your backpay??? I can't believe it's taking this long. You were approved 10 days before me.

I'm not sure if Hootie has received backpay either.

Gosh, both of you have waited a long time. If I'm wrong, please let me know; I have been concerned about the two of you.

Good Luck with getting your backpay, soon.

3. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

hi, bluesky,

And yes I am still waiting........I check my bank account everyday.

My son just got married sat. So happy for him and my new daughter, I have 3 boys.

Ofcorse it was sooooooo much stress on me, and we all know what that means. BIG TIME FLARE.

Now that is over time to move on.

I dont know why it is taking so long either.

4. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

5. sisland

sisland New Member

My exsperience with that is that they are 2 different things completley,, and do not interfere with the other!,,,,,Goodluck on getting your backpay soon!,,,,,Sis
  6. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

thanks sis for your apply.

Im hoping your are right. lol

7. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

8. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

No, I didn't get my backpay nor did I get the letter detailing the financial information.

I think that I may have caused a delay because when I found out that I was approved (Aug 29th) I called the 1-800 number everyday!

I was told last week that by calling, my file kept getting interrupted and the person that was supposed to be working on it probably hasn't been able to access it. Ok, so I haven't called since Friday and I plan not to call to give it time.

That could be the difference possibly. We'll see. I'm just glad that I got approved. I wish that I wouldn't have to give it all to my former employer! I'm considering using it and then paying it back slowly.
  9. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Wow, I'm so sorry that the both of you, pattyholland and Hootie have not received your backpay. It's unbelievable as to how long its taken.

Hootie, that just may be the reason, the calling, that has held up your backpay. Maybe each time you call, they have to pull your file and it gets out of place. Good for you for not calling.

I feel so bad because both of you were approved before me and the only thing I don't have, still, is my med card. I'm still thinking about you two and hope to see some good news, soon.

10. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

It's ok, that it hasn't gotten here yet since the main problem is over - the favorable decision!! The only thing that I worry about right now is that they get my monthly amount correct. Other than that... it is what it is. The bad thing is that I have to pay taxes on money that I have to return to my last job (I work in civil service FERS program- they get 100% of 1st year and 60% of the following years). However, like I said, I think that I will use all of the money and make arrangements to pay it back for the 1st year- hey, it's not the best but I really need it!!!

As of 9/26/08- still NOTHING! I am getting worried that maybe I've imagined my approval.[This Message was Edited on 09/26/2008]
  11. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I can't believe that you two haven't received anything....yet. Today is the 26th and like Hootie stated, nothing.

I haven't received my med card yet; I don't know what is taking so long.

Again, I'll continue checking.

12. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Bluesky 09/26/08 09:07 PM

Thanks for checking in. My biggest concern at this point is that they figured the numbers right for my monthly amount!!!! i just have no faith- you know!

I can't wait for the day that I open that letter with the amounts on it. I just hope that it is the amount that I am expecting so that I can become more calm about this whole darn thing!!

I go to the mailbox everyday with high hopes. The funny thing is that the approval took me by total surprise!!!!

They have until the end of October (I am told). I would rather know the amounts and then get the actual backpay in 2009 so that I don't have to pay taxes on it for this year.

13. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hootie, I too have high hopes that your check will come in the mail; very, very soon. Actually, I was surprised; the numbers were much higher on mine than I had expected.

I had forgotten about the raises.

I'm still thinking about you and patty.

14. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

I am glad to hear that your numbers were higher than expected- that is my biggest worry!!! I was not working since December 16, 2006 but hopefully they know to add in the salary for 2007 and 2008 as though I would have been working because otherwise my monthly pay will be at least $400 lower!

15. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Don't get me wrong, mine wasn't that much higher; you know how yearly raises are, lol.

Anyway, I'm sure that your working time will be included, as long as you paid into the system. Of course, 5 months will be deducted; that was news to me. I worked 6 months that weren't counted because I was self-employed and that was the last job I worked. Then, on top of that, one of the Drs. they sent me to, said that I told him my last date of employment was in June, 05 and it was April, 05 so I lost 2 more months, urgh!

I really can't believe that you and patty haven't received yours yet; time is moving on.

I hope to look and see that both of you finally received something. By the way, I finally received my med card.

Again, good luck,

16. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

Hi....Still nothing........It is stessing me out.

I also look for something everyday.

glad you recived your card.

I will let you know as soon as I get something.

17. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Me neither- nothing! I told myself that maybe if I stop running to the mailbox as soon as the mailman leaves (ha, ha) then it will come.

You know what they say about a boiling pot?

The minute I get something I will post. I look everyday Patty to see if you got anything yet as well.
  18. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I went back and looked at the dates that both of you posted the fully favorable decisions. That was back in August. I can't believe that neither of you have received anything. However, it hasn't been 60 days yet, right?

Do either of you have direct deposit set up? Or will the backpay come in the mail? My check, backpay, came in the mail and I was so surprised.

Anyway, either way, I hope it will show up........soon!!!!!

Take care,

19. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

Thats funny I check the mail everyday for it also.

My computer is by the window so I can see the mailman pull up.... even if my not looking.

What hurts me the most is my sons 16 and 14 are looking for it just as bad as I am.

I know they are tired of us saying we are broke right now and going threw hard times.

They have been pretty good they really havent ask for a whole lot, becasue they know we can afford it right now.

I keep telling thier day will come soon.

keep me posted

20. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Nothing yet. I am set up for direct deposit butI had to give that information on 9/5/08. They had it in the beginning but somewhere along the line it was lost.

My son is 14 but he doesn't know and I don't say much to my husband because I handle all of the bills. I am quietly screaming with you Patty- WHERE IS IT?

I don't get to keep any of it really because I have to send most of it back to my last employer and then the rest goes to the attorney (bummer that I have to send back to the employer- my atty was worth every penny!).

My son's back pay will most likely be used to pay my bills, but I have more!!!! I am hoping to use some of the money that is due to my employer and pay them back slowly... we'll see.

I'll just be glad to get a little extra each month- my savings is down to $55.00-shameful!

I can't wait when we both find out something and can finally relax. I really want to see that letter because I am so afraid that they are going to short change me on the monthly amount. I sure hope not! I'm also very curious about my son's amount. That is what is making me SO anxious (sp?)!

I sit at my computer desk right by the window also and my dog lets me know when the mailman is here. (hee, hee)

We'll see. I check everyday Patty to see if you heard anything- my thoughts are with you!!!

**I just checked the status at the 1-800 number and nothing has been finished yet! argh! I was told that when I call it delays, but that isn't true- it only delays when new information is sent to the payment center like on 9/5 I gave them my bank account info- that was the only time that my file was delayed. The person that originally told me that calling would delay it, I believe, just said that so that people won't call.

So, I assume that I will get no letter today! I'm not even going to rush out for the disappointment.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/01/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/01/2008]