back to jersey....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pinkstar, Nov 8, 2005.

1. pinkstar

pinkstar New Member

well i am pretty sure this is my decision...
    i am moving back to new jersey... i am going to try to finish my degree online.. i am going to be in the northern nj area.. i really hope this is the right decision for me.. i know i like home a lot more than here [pittsburgh, pa].. but still... this disease seems like it is changing my whole life.. i was going to come here, get my degree, and then try to start up my own business and now it all sorta pie in the sky.. i'll be lucky to work at all the way things are going... [[stop the negativity lauryn]]

my therapist told me to picture a happy place.. is it bad that when i picture it, it makes me feel worse because i don't have that in my life???

welcome to my pity party... sorry...
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and I would encourage you not to give up on your education. It can be a tremendous help in your life whether you are ill or well. I'm glad you're going to continue online.

Are you moving back in with your parents? And, don't worry...you'll have happy places in your life, and your will have other plans. You don't know you can't achieve what you want to do now in a few years.

Hang in there, dear. Best of wishes for a great future.

Sue
  3. lin-z

lin-z New Member

hey pinkstar i too am a jersey girl but i use the word "girl" loosely...hmmm i cant imagine having this at such a young age but the more i research the more i know it def happens. hang in there and its just a matter of time before you can figure out something that will work for you to maintain a decent lifestyle stay around people who understand...the rest can just ......ya know
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I'm glad for you that you are going home to nj...
    You will finish your education online and if you are able you will start your business...
    Don't be disappointed...It has a way of working itself out.
    I started my illness in 1993, by 1995 after failed surgeries and therapies, I was told I COULD NOT do what I had dreamed all my life...Working with dogs in some capacity (I always knew I couldn't be a vet, I guess I'm too weak for the tough parts)...
    With all my limitations, even confirmed by a functional capacity eval, I went on to grooming school and opened my own salon...Everyone discouraged me, bringing up the hard work, long hours and the physical aspect...
    It was soooooooooooo tough, but I did it for 4 years, supported my family while taking care of my husband (disabled) and my lil boy with epilepsy...
    Somehow, it was what we needed to get thru...I was able to be home with them when they needed me the most, the money rolled in and I met some of the most caring and wonderful people who still miss me today...
    I had to stop last year...I was disappointed in myself but then my Godfather reminded me, "Look what you accomplished!"
    NO REGRETS!!!
    Little did I know I would lose my little boy (Moose) 6 months later...If I hadn't been sideswiped by this illness bad enough to make me stop working, I wouldn't have been there to make the greatest memory of my life...
    As horrible as these dd's are, nothing comes close to the loss of someone you love so dear...
    I guess what I am trying to say, is if you do your best, good things will come from it...You may not see it in the present time but you may find yourself in the future thinking that it really worked out for the best...
    I wish you a bright future...I'm sure you will do great things...~Alicia PS. My fave color is PINK!