Back to square one ....need a hug

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daylight, Aug 18, 2006.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

I've been gone for a long time becuase my doctor thought that I had MS. But the Mri's showed nothing except scaring from a long time ago.I've seen so many doctors. They are all refusing to treat me now because I refused to take antideppressants again and see a shrink. Why should I take drugs that I don't need. My doctor told me that I had fibro. two years ago but in that last six months I've been in so much pain that it is hard to walk. I'm sick all the time. I hate going from one doctor to another but I don't know what else to do. Does anyone know of a good doctor in California? Any suggestions?
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

did you ever get checked for chronic myofascial pain? this is what stops me from doing anything.i have pain everywhere my back and legs are the worst.cmp seems to make you worse as time goes by if you dont do trigger point therapy.pain managment dxs this hope this helps hugs charlene
  3. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Daylight:

Where in CA are you? Nothing in your profile. I am in South Bay, south of LA in a town called San Pedro. I have a great PCP for you if you are nearby. I understand about the anti-depressants. I had some history with effexor and paxil. I have been off them for one and a half years now, and am glad I am back to my old self.

Hope you can get some answers from whichever doctor you end up going to.

Ingrid
  4. hob

hob New Member

I am giving you a big hug! I have been there. My dr thought I had ms for a while but couldn't determine it for sure. It is hard not knowing what is wrong. I finally went to a dr that gives you natural things that occur in your body like vitamins and minerals. This helped so much I can't tell you how much better i feel. He is in oregon if you get desperate his name in Dr. Kim Webster in Portland.

again big hug and my prayers.
    hob
  5. daylight

daylight New Member

Thank you for responding. My doctor did say that he things I may have CMP but because I am going to be without insurance until November there is nothing that he can do except treat the symptoms. Although I think that he feels that this is all in my head. He keeps insisting that I take something for my "so called" anxiety and depression "problem". I keep telling my doctor that if I seem depressed or anxious it is because I'm in so much pain that it's been very difficult to walk or sleep at night. However this seems to go in one ear and out the other.
    .. My doctor was the only one that I found in years that took the time to listen to me until now. I guess that I am to much of a problem case. The other problem is that I have been on SSI for six months and don't have a job to go back to. I was fired for being sick . It irritated my ex-boss that I was always sick (as she though).
    Sorry for the rant. I'm just so frustrated about all this. My husband and I don't believe that I can work without pain killers or with them successfully and I feel like I've completely let my family down. Now the doctors are saying that I'm mental or something. I feel like I've just been a project of theirs that's gone wrong. I'm the one nut they couldn't crack. What do you do when you've been dx. a cracked pot?? The funny thing is that I used to work in the psych. field. Which makes this even harder to swallow.

[This Message was Edited on 01/27/2008]