Back to Square One, please pray

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Nov 23, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

After all the progress my DH and I made in the last few months, it is all unravelling. He was seriously depressed when I first asked for prayers. He refused to go to the doctor and his sister was dying. He was not coping well and would not work at finding a job.

As a result of the prayers here, he went to the doctor, took antidepressants and coped pretty well with his sister's death. Our relationship was better than ever and he was in a serious job search.

About 2 wks ago I noticed that he needed to up his dose of AD's but he didn't want to go to the doctor - again. Because of what has happened in the last week, he really needs to take a higher dose.

Less than a month after his sister died, his youngest brother is in the hospital with complications from cancer. He may be dying but we do not know yet. My DH cannot cope. He is the only one in the city so he visits this brother and has to report to everyone else.

He had to work at his freelance job for several hours one day this week. When he came home he told me that he could never work at a full time job because he is "too old". He is 57. I hope that this is the depression speaking.

Please pray that my hubby is able to cope with his brother's illness and all that is involved. Please pray that he goes to the doctor to get his medication adjusted.

Thank you to all who pray.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 11/24/2006]
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hey, Will send up a prayer for you and your spouse's situation.

Try not to be too discouraged, I think lots of times we do this two steps forward, one step back. Although sometimes it feels more like one step forward, and two steps back.

I know my relationship with husband has cycled like that, but when i look at the over all picture, we have very slowly been moving forward.

And prayer really helps!! I've seen more progress while praying for my husband, than fighting with him!

Anyways, the added stress of sick family members doesn't help, and lossing his sister.

Lifting you both in prayer.
    Misty
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I had so hoped by January your life would settle. I will continue to pray for you and your husband and the job situation. So often life hands more lemons than we can make lemonade from.
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

Pepper: I just finished reading a couple of your posts. I am sitting here beside you holding you and crying with you. I wish I had some great words of wisdom you. But I don't. Job went he went through his problems his buddies came and sat beside him for 7 days and they didn't say a word. Can I do that for you? Just sit here and hold you and if you want to talk ok and if not ok. I guess what I am trying to say is please don't shut down and try and go it alone. This is too big for you. Please contact me anytime if you want to talk. Please take care of yourself and make sure you eat ok? Promise? Father I ask in Jesus Name please come into the middle of this situation with Pepper. Please surround her with Your peace and Your Prescence. Please help her to feel You in the midst of this mess. Please give her strength and courage to carry on. Please give her wisdom as what to do with her husband. Father please shine Your light into her darkness and please bring hope where there seems to be no hope right now. Please come and supernaturally intervene in this situation. Please let something good happen today that will give her husband hope. Please remind him that You are with him and that You are aware and know what You are doing. Please help him to be motivated to take his medication and to seek the medical attention that he needs and that the doctor will prescribe the right medication and dose for him. Please reach down in Your mercy and touch his brother. Please ease his pain and discomfort. Please help the doctors to know how to treat him. Father in Jesus Name I speak life into his body from the crown of his head to the souls of his feet. Father I ask that Your perfect will be done in this situation and I place them in Your hand. Thank you in Jesus Name Amen. Psalm 107:19-20. Love ya and I am here and praying.
    Cath
  5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am so sorry to hear of all of this. I am sure that you must feel like the rug has been pulled out from under you. It is prayer that turned the situation around for your husband in the beginning and I believe it will be prayer that will change things for the good again. I know believing that now may be very hard because the circumstances probably seem overwelming right now. Just know that I will be here for you praying and lifting up both of you right now. I am sure that the depression is probably speaking and that tends to cloud every single thing. I think that a top priority is that he get to the doctor to evaluate his meds. Peace for you is a top priority also. We are here for you and I agree with Cath that you musn't go this alone. We will be here for you and hope you will reach out to us whenever you need some strength. Reach out to the Lord first of all because He is the one that will sustain you. I am getting ready to pray right now so know that I will be lifting you up now and as the Lord brings you to mind.

Take care and know that things will get better. Faith is believing in things unseen. It is hard to see answers now but trust God because He will never let you down.

Take care my friend and know that I will be here with many others to support you during this terribly difficult time.

Love,
    Nancy
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

without you guys! I am so grateful for all your prayers and your support.

Misty, thank you for your prayers. That is exactly what it feels like - one step forward and two steps back. Ever since I got sick it feels like life is a never-ending battle. Helping my DH cope with it all has also been a continuous struggle. But I will keep at it and know that prayer helped the last time and it will help again.

Asa, I thought the same thing. I was trying to be patient, have faith and just wait for this job to come to be in January. Now I don't know what is going to happen, especially if he gives up. But I don't plan on letting that happen and will drag him to the doctor if necessary. Please keep praying for the job situation. I appreciate it so much.

Cath, your post gave me a chuckle. I don't remember ever in my life not being able to eat! When stuff like this happens out come the cookies and the honey roasted peanuts. I can feel you beside me and feel tremendous comfort. I have no intention of shutting down because I know that I need you guys on this board. As I said at the beginning of this post, I don't know what I would do without you all. This is where I come for company and comfort. And I will certainly do that while I am going through this tough time once again.

Nancy, yep this is overwhelming at the moment. But when I asked for prayers here before I was also overwhelmed and didn't think that there was much hope for change. Things changed incredibly and I know that they can again. The power of prayer is awesome and I believe that I will witness that once more. Thank you so much for lifting us up to the Lord.

Pam, thank you for your lovely prayer. I am really trying very hard not to be discouraged. If He helped us before, He will help us again. I just have to have faith and trust in Him. I am trying!

Thank you all, dear friends. I know that prayer will help resolve this situation.
    Love, Pepper
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

for your prayers for my DH and me.

My DH is very healthy and very energetic and there is no real reason why he couldn't work full time. He has ADHD besides so he really NEEDS to be busy all the time.

Having been a Special Ed teacher I know how important structure is for people like him. He needs the routine of going to work, putting in his hours and coming home. As it is, he plays FreeCell for hours until he is called to freelance and then he rushes around trying to get all his equipment together. Driving me crazy in the process.

The stress of dealing with his brother's illness has made him really tired I think so when he had to work a few hours more than usual, he found it really hard. This should go away when he isn't so stressed.

Here's hoping!
    Love,
    Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 11/24/2006]
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

are not high on my list of priorities when I am so stressed, LittleBlueStem, but I do try to eat well. DH on the other hand couldn't care less about nutrition and I have given up on converting him. His idea of a good meal always includes fries. He calls exercise "the dreaded 'E' word".

Yes, it is important to look after oneself while stressed and I need to concentrate on that. Russet apples are in the stores so I am going to pig out on them.

Thank you for praying. Hopefully DH will make an appointment tomorrow with the doctor.

Love, Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 11/27/2006]