Back to the drawing board AGAIN Denied!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by silky17, Aug 2, 2005.

1. silky17

silky17 New Member

I hate to say this but I was denied again. The disability I tried to get through work has denied me one more. But I am not going to give up.

Not enough evidence to quantify. Bull! Not unless it is due to using the nurse practitioner instead of the doctor. He is (the doc) a very well known doc that is even on this site. But after one visit he passed me on to his nurse practitioner who was interning there.

It is so frustrating. Last night someone left a web site that she is a member of. Fibromyalgia website. I started to fill out info there to a Kantor & Kantor law firm. They already called this morning. He wants me to fax denial.(1st) one. Well needless to say I got the 2nd denial in the mail very same day.So tomorrow I will be seeing what he thinks of the case.

Has anyone sued a companys insurance coverage? If so what are the procedures? How long does it take to go through it? What do they usually go for? Back pay to when first disabled? Or other damamges that come along causing stress abd so forth? He hung up so fast that I couldn't ask all the questions and I was brain fogging it.

Help anyone with your knowledge and experiances.Prayers too please?

silky
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I don't understand why they make it so difficult.

First, you've paid into the system. And the other thing... it's not like any of us chose this life and feeling awful all the time.

They (SSDI and SSI... basically the government in general) seem to think that we are just a bunch of lazy people who want to do nothing and just get money. Insane!
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  3. paige51

paige51 New Member

The company's insurance company paid me for 4 months before denying me benefits. The reason, I did not meet their definition of disability. HELLO, who does?

I believe a company should take responsibility for their employees and see to it that they receive the benefits they are entitled to.

I fought mines for a while then gave up, I am sorry I did.

Keep trying and the best of luck to you.

paige51
  4. silky17

silky17 New Member

Just wanted to let you guys know that a lawyer called me from an insurance disability web site and told me that they are going to take my case. I hope its just not stroke me words. He said that they won't take a case not unless he felt that they could win.

Keep those good thoughts coming my way too.

Silky
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

They called me also and took my case.Said I had a good one.
    My co. Ins. co. Paid me for a full year 60% of my salary for FM. In March they denied my claim said I could do secondary jobs.
    Not so my doctors will not let me drive and all 3 of them have put in my file that I can not do any type of work.
    I appealed and now they reached a decision that I am physically able to work but mentally I cant.
    So instead of the 10 yrs. of benefits I would get Ill only get 2 yrs.
    There finding a way not to have to pay the full amount.
    I'm filing a civil suit against them.Kantor and Kantor say Ill win,
    I have all there records they had on me . Even phone conversations.
    I am mentally not able due to the pain of my physical ( FM)CFS . Thats what makes me so depressed .
    FIGHT FIGHT Does not cost anything unless you win.
    Good Luck
    Sue
  6. silky17

silky17 New Member

Great , we will have to keep in touch. To see how it goes. How long has it been before you started the case? I have been paid nothing from my ins. Sounds like you got them to do something.

Good luck to you,
    Silky (Debbie)
  7. silky17

silky17 New Member

Can I ask you what kind of work had you been in before this happened ? Or did you have different jobs previously?