Back to work full time today!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, Aug 20, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Well, today was sort of a test for me. 1st. time I've been back to work full time since I got full blown fms in mid Nov. of 2002.

It's been a long, rocky road & I'm so happy to be where I am right now. I just hope I can continue to work full time.

I had a pretty good day. I drive school bus, so get about 4 1/2 hrs. at home between routes. I had a nice 45 min. nap & took an extra ounce of my liquid vitamins & minerals & made it through the afternoon.

My only problem was when I got home & put my feet up I really noticed the pain/fatigue/heaviness in my legs & my feet were BURNING!!

Feel ok now & it's time to hit the hay & do it all over again tomorrow.

Just happy to be among the working.

Take care.....Kathi
  2. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

I hope that each day for you is better than the one before.

Lisa
  3. averilpam

averilpam New Member

hope you can keep up the full time work without too much of a decrease in your health/quality of life.

I've been off sick for nearly three months, and have to start back on 1st September. I'm going to arrange a gradual return. I'm quite dreading it but I have to do it eventually. I'm not sure I'll cope with getting back to full time though, as my job means being on my feet most of the day.

good luck, maybe with a break between shifts you'll be able to keep it up.

pam xxx
  4. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

--had a knee injury and my fibro was full blown on top of it. well three knee surgeries later and coutless hours in the gym i went back on monday. I am working heavy part time about 30 hours a week to start. I am an ultrasound technologist which is hard on your back and feet and legs etc--went back to an office instead of working in a hospital so there are no portable exams and all patients are walking into my room.

I am tired and a bit sore, but happy that i am able to return.

I hope you are a=okay today and hang in there. try stretching out the muscles in your legs when you get home that should help with the burning. Not to mention a nice bath.

take care

cathy
  5. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

for your good wishes. I do appreciate it. Now it's time for my nap before I have to go back this afternoon.

Take care....Kathi