Back to work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chris3251, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Chris3251

Chris3251 New Member

Yesterday was my first day back. I had an awful nights sleep and I was in HORRIBLE pain all day.

As if that's not enough I received a rather cold reception from one of my peers and 2 of the managers. That really brought me down. The peer is mad because she heard I'd won a digital camera from a sales contest and she wanted me to GIVE it to her since I already have one. This is a NICE Polaroid camera, easily worth $150. I told her no because my oldest daughter doesn't have one, not to mention if I didn't want it I'm sure not going to GIVE it away, especially to someone who isn't a friend, plus she knows short term dis. only pays 60% and I'm in a financial mess to begin with. How dare she! Her manager was quite rude as well, only because that's how she is. The cliques where I work are awful! The managers say they won't tolerate cliques amongst us supervisors yet the ones who say this are the worst offenders. Go figure!

I can't wait til I move. I'm going to wait til the last possible second to put in my resignation and they are gonna get an earful when I leave!
  2. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I'm so sorry you had to deal with such uncaring people!! For some reason, people who don't understand what we are going through, have a tendency to judge us, and belittle us, thinking that we are just faking and trying to work around all the rules.

How dare that person try to take your camera!!! That is insane, and talk about a bully! You're right-they are just trying to make you feel guilty because you are getting SSD, as well as the income from work.

People get really sticky when it comes to what other people make, and there is this misguided idea out there that those of us on SSD are just lazy bums who have rammed ourselves thru the system so that we can get money that we don't deserve. If only they knew what we go thru every single day of our lives!

I totally salute you for trying to get back into the work force. That is something I can't even think about, and it hurts so much sometimes to think of the money I've lost, and the friends that have just dropped me because I'm not there to work with them anymore.

You stand your ground and don't let them intimidate you!! Good luck and God bless you! PG
  3. Chris3251

Chris3251 New Member

Thank you PG. I must look worse than I thought, alot of people have approached me asking if I'm ok, saying I look exhausted and just plain run down....if they ONLY knew!

As for the bully, I sent her an email telling her I wanted to talk to her. She responded back that she would but I haven't heard a peep since (LOL). She's not getting off the hook that easy, she can run but she can't hide!