BACK TO YOU GBHope

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FibroJo, Jan 28, 2006.

1. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

HELLO TO YOU !!Just read your profile and found we have some things in common. I too live in Ohio (20 minutes outside of Cleveland in the burbs)and I am a medical transcriber for Radiology.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/28/2006]
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Are you working at a hospital? I think it's great that you can still work. Do you have just fibro or CFIDS too? How long have you been a transcriptionist? It would be nice if I could get back to it someday, but won't even attempt it anymore unless I have dramatic improvement, as it made me much sicker and take 10 steps backwards over the last few years trying to work again, and that was from home.

GBHope
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

bumping this back up for you fibrojo
  4. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

I have Fibro only, (that is enough). I can still work though. I do work for a hospital, but out of my home, which really makes it nice. They gave me my work computer and sent someone out to set it all up for me. It is great. They have given us a 16 hour time window to complete our day so we can sign on, sign off and go to an appointment or whatever and come back and sign in again.......etc....as long it is within the 16 hour time frame they gave us. This REALLY works well for me. I have been transcribing for almost seven years. I started out working at the hospital and then they started the pilot program and I was the first to go home and iron out the bugs, now everyone is at home and loving it too.

Did you work for a hospital or private Doctor? I think transcribing is a really great job for someone with fibro as long as you can still keep the fingers typing and especially if you can find a position that allows you to type from home.

Best wishes to you and prayers that you will be feeling much better soon. Joanne
  5. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I was working for St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center when I got sick in 1995. Then in 2001 after being on disability, I started working from home for Medquist. I worked up until February of last year and then quit until September, then tried to go back in September and fell flat on my face so to speak. I had also had a hysterectomy the end of June and really flared up after that and not resting enough. I have chronic Epstein Barr which really causes me a lot of problems. I used to do some radiology when I was working at St. V's. Glad you are able to still work and have such great flexibility. I wish I could still work, but I got so much worse.

I am married too and have two dogs and a cat. My son lives at home still, almost 17. My daughter is grown and on her own at 21 with two kids, 7 months and 1-1/2 years. I am originally from California, but came out here to live in 1989.

GBHope
  7. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

From California to Ohio.....notice a difference in the weather? LOL

My transcription job actually fell into my lap, so to speak. I worked at the hospital about 30 years ago and seven years ago I was not working at all and had gone in for an x-ray. Several of the girls I knew from before were
    still working there and they had seen me and found out that I was not working. One morning one of them called me and asked if I would be interested in transcribing as they needed the help and well.............here I am. When I worked there 30 years ago was in a secretarial type position.

It sounds like you have a lot of things going on with your health. I wish only the best for you and God bless.
  8. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

9. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member