back..............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abbuttercup, Nov 27, 2002.

1. abbuttercup

abbuttercup New Member

hi~ i'm back to reintroduce myself again, for like the 3rd time :) my name is alison and i have had FMS and CFS for a couple of years now, or at least it was diagnosed then. i am 21 and am living in vermont, where i have lived my whole life. let me tell you, it's getting some cold up here now :) i just recently got out of the hospital again, this time from a 4 day stay. it seems like my stays keep getting longer and longer. i was passing out quite a bit and couldn't keep any food down so i was really dehydrated. my urologist was actually the one to admit me. i have been having a lot of vertigo or vertigo-like sensations. does anyone else get this? i feel like i'm going to pass out constantly. it has gotten worse since my colonoscopy last tues., which is when i got really sick. i'm having a lot of GI problems and they are trying to figure out what's going on there. does anyone get rectal bleeding? i know this isn't pleasant to talk about, but i've been getting a lot of it and i'm really scared. the first GI dr. that i went to, he was the one who did the colon testing, pretty much told me that i'm crazy, so i'm now seeing a new dr. well, i wanted to say hi and check in. i hope that everyone has a great thanksgiving :)
    ali
  2. abbuttercup

abbuttercup New Member

hi~ i'm back to reintroduce myself again, for like the 3rd time :) my name is alison and i have had FMS and CFS for a couple of years now, or at least it was diagnosed then. i am 21 and am living in vermont, where i have lived my whole life. let me tell you, it's getting some cold up here now :) i just recently got out of the hospital again, this time from a 4 day stay. it seems like my stays keep getting longer and longer. i was passing out quite a bit and couldn't keep any food down so i was really dehydrated. my urologist was actually the one to admit me. i have been having a lot of vertigo or vertigo-like sensations. does anyone else get this? i feel like i'm going to pass out constantly. it has gotten worse since my colonoscopy last tues., which is when i got really sick. i'm having a lot of GI problems and they are trying to figure out what's going on there. does anyone get rectal bleeding? i know this isn't pleasant to talk about, but i've been getting a lot of it and i'm really scared. the first GI dr. that i went to, he was the one who did the colon testing, pretty much told me that i'm crazy, so i'm now seeing a new dr. well, i wanted to say hi and check in. i hope that everyone has a great thanksgiving :)
    ali
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry to hear you have been having such a terrible time.

I hope they find out what all this is you are experiencing.

I only get lightheaded from my sinuses, could it be some medication you are on? I am sure they checked your B/P?

I do not get rectual bleeding, that has got to be some other problem.

Are you constipated? could that be causing the bleeding?

I sure hope your new doctor will work with you, and try to find what is causing all these problems.

Honey, you have a wonderful Thanksgiving too, and I do hope you are feeling better soon. Let us know how you make out with the new doctor.

Shalom, Shirl

4. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Hey ali, sorry to hear your not feeling well. I was having rectal bleeding back in July and was in the hospital for a week. Had a colonoscopy and found out that it was colitis. I haven't really had any bleeding since, but still do have some stomach aches and bouts with constipation. It can be very uncomfortable. As far as dizziness, I get light headed alot only because I have very low blood pressure. I did also have a virus last week which caused me to feel like I was spinning all the time. Thankfully that has passed. My mom has vertigo and even with testing they can not find a reason why. She takes dramamine when she feels alittle off. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of your problems. Hang in there! My thoughts are with you! queenbee
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Sorry you are feeling so bad. I read an article yesterday, as a matter of fact, discussing rectal bleeding and use of aspirin.
    Alot of people take an aspirin a day--for heart attack preventive. Some take much more a day for pain.
    This study said that aspirin does cause rectal bleeding, in many, and once the drug was removed from the regime, the bleeding stopped.
    Just a thought, don't know if you aspirin products. Hope you can get to the bottom (no pun intended) of these problems. I know its no fun to feel faint, and dizzy...and I have had GI problems as well.
    Happy Holidays,
    Karen