backbone pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nancyL, Mar 24, 2003.

1. nancyL

nancyL New Member

Does anyone have pain in upper/mid back......and my backbone/spine actually hurts....very sore spot....not sure what to think....goes up to the middle of my shoulder blades.
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Yippy!! I have spot, mid back(upper)that literally makes me hit the roof!! It aches in that area all on its own, but....theres one spot that sometimes accidently gets hit,and I'll see stars!!! very,very tender!! I've brought it up to my Rhuemy and she says its an FM tender point.
    its maddening~
  3. healing

healing New Member

I have this, and my PT treats it. He says it's ribs being out of whack (obviously my terminology, not his!). He works on them very gently and the pain goes away! Sometimes there are tender points involved, but usually they are associated with the rib problem.
  4. tlc100373

tlc100373 New Member

I have this pain too! Like I am bruised on the spine but nothing is there. Physical Therapy taught me some stretches that helped a lot with this. Good Luck
  5. jka

jka New Member

my back and neck are a mess. my massage therapist said she's never seen anything like it. i get big knots in my back and neck.i've found heat and a massage pillow help me. also a good back rub from the one you love!

kathy c
  6. IndigoSC

IndigoSC New Member

That's where the majority of my pain is....inbetween shoulder blades, neck, right on spine in middle of back. Got TJM that kind of makes my whole neck hurt.
  7. nancyL

nancyL New Member

Thanks......I guess it is a fibro thing......mine is really sore in mid back area.....it does hurt like a bruise on my spine!! My chiro is doing nothing for it...any suggestions for treatment??