Backsliding Feedback appreciated

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by niceguy11, Sep 3, 2008.

1. niceguy11

niceguy11 New Member

Hi All

I need to ask for feedback

I was doing fine about 30% better in about three months
    Sleeping was improved mood was elevated I was feeling confident

Then a few things triggered a relapse all in the space of about two weeks

I tried doing some moderately intense aerobic exercise sustained for about 20 minutes
    (I didn't have PEM like before but did feel tired for a few days)

I participated in an especially intense Yoga class

I had a family problem that was stressfull

All this set me back I feel like I never started the protocol

Also it has been especially hot here where I live and I hate hate the heat it messes up my sleep and exhausts me

i feel like what's the use I'll never have a normal healthy life am I and going to get back to the progress I have made or I as having or is something I can do more?

Feedback appreciated

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi niceguy

Sounds like you many have started a flare. Stress is a major problem with fibro.

How long have you been excerising? Maybe the "instense" part is the key here. From what I know thats never a good idea.

Then theres the weather! Alot of us just went thru misery with temps dropping and rain. To hot does it too.

This dd is very furstrating but don't let it get you down.

Key is too recognize triggers and do best to avoid them.

Lots of good info on this site and things that help people.

You just have to find what works for you and listen to your body.

Keep smiling and be gentle
  3. pasara

pasara New Member

hate to say it, but i think you plain old overdid it. i have been there many times, so no judgment here, i know how easy it is to do, and actually consider it part of the pathology.

it is so hard when you finally start feeling good not to want to get back to life, get back in shape, start doing what a "normal" person does. it is like the devil is there encouraging you on.

don't feel too disheartened. now you know that you CAN FEEL BETTER!! you will feel rotten for a while, but my experience is that you will build up again a little more quickly than before. the trick is to not push it AT ALL!

as you go forward, when you feel well enough that you are tempted to exercise again, keep it very very low key and build up slowly. it is frustrating. it is like being a horse chomping at the bit. but keep your cool, remember you are investing in the future, and slowly slowly you will build a foundation that is more lasting.

all the best!
  4. niceguy11

niceguy11 New Member

Just what I needed to hear