BAD ARTICAL/may make some mad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by allhart, Oct 20, 2002.

1. allhart

allhart New Member

things like this make me mad!i didnt copy all just enough for others to see what kind of things you find doing a internet seach for fm and we wonder why we are treated bad by family and friends they may read things like this,

FIBROMYALGIA
    Is it just another moneymaker
    for the medical community?

If you believe everything the medical community has told you-
    If you've already decided that there is nothing that will help-
    If you're reading this in hopes of finding an "instant cure"-
    don't read any further. You'll only be wasting your, and my, time.

FIBRO- : A word used to combine with another. Means "fibrous".
    MYALGIA : Pain in the muscles.

So these two words, when combined, mean "pain in the muscles and connective tissue".

All of us have, at one time or another, felt various pains in nearly every part of our bodies. Most of us will take an analgesic (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.) and go on with life. Unfortunately, in the past 30 years, there has developed a "new" class of pain for many people. This is where various pains are chronic and persistent, regardless of the pain killers we take.

The medical community, having no real clue as to the cause of these chronic pains, has decided that it must be a "disease" and have placed the label of "Fibromyalgia"on this syndrome.

Doctors will tell you three things:
    1) There are no known tests to determine if you have Fibromyalgia.
    2) There is no known cause for Fibromyalgia.
    3) There are no known cures for Fibromyalgia.

The best the medical community can do is to drug you into a state of stupidity.

So what the doctors are saying is that they know nothing! But these facts have never stopped the (so called) "medical experts" from charging you, and your insurance company, thousands, even millions of dollars in stupid, dangerous, worthless treatments, drugs and surgeries.

HOW DO THEY KNOW IF YOU HAVE FIBROMYALGIA?

They can't. Sorry. And the more ethical ones will actually tell you that. There is no way to actually diagnose someone with Fibromyalgia. So, the way the doctors decide if you have Fibromyalgia is to test you for everything else.

After you (or your insurance company) has paid your doctor a few thousand dollars for worthless tests, and he can't find anything wrong with you, he can then claim "you must have Fibromyalgia"! Some doctors actually bypass all the tests, and go straight to the REAL money makers for them, prescribing drugs and/or surgery!

Does it really take a rocket scientist to see something's wrong with this picture?
    Is it so hard to see that this is one of the largest SCAMS ever to be pulled on the public?

One so-called "expert" actually had the arrogance to claim he had developed a list that shows the symptoms of Fibromyalgia:

Childhood growing pains
    Nocturnal sinus stuffiness
    Allergies
    Post nasal drip
    Drooling in sleep
    Swollen glands
    Difficulty swallowing
    Dry cough
    Dizziness when turning head or changing field of view
    Runny nose
    Sore throat
    Stiff neck
    Mold/yeast sensitivity
    Reflux esophagitis
    Headaches/migraines
    Light and/or broken sleep pattern with unrefreshing sleep
    Sweats
    Morning stiffness
    Fatigue
    Shortness of breath
    Painful weak grip that may let go
    Menstrual problems and/or pelvic pain
    PMS
    Loss of libido
    Low back pain
    Nail ridges and/or nails that curve under
    Difficulty speaking known words
    Directional disorientation
    Visual perception problems
    Tearing/reddening of eye, drooping of eyelid
    Loss of ability to distinguish some shades of colors
    Short-term memory impairment
    Weight gain/loss
    Sensitivity to odors
    Mitral valve prolapse
    Double/blurry/changing vision
    Visual and audio effects/falling sensations before sleep (called "sleep starts")
    Earaches/ringing/itch
    Unexplained toothaches
    Rapid/fluttery/irregular heartbeat/heart attack-like pain
    Bloating/nausea/abdominal cramps
    Appendicitis-like pains
    Carbohydrate/chocolate cravings
    Sensitivity to cold/heat/humidity/pressure changes/light/wind
    Abdominal cramps, colic
    Panic attacks
    Mottled skin
    Depression
    Confusional states
    Thumb pain and tingling numbness
    Urine retention
    Tendency to cry easily
    Night driving difficulty
    Weak ankles
    Lax, pendulus abdomen
    Upper/lower leg cramps
    Tight Achilles tendons
    Groin pain
    Irritable bowel
    Sciatica
    Urinary frequency
    Impotence
    Stress incontinence, anal/genital/perineal pain
    Painful intercourse
    Muscle twitching
    Numbness and tingling
    Diffuse swelling
    Hypersensitive nipples/breast pain
    Fibrocystic breasts
    Buckling knee
    Problems climbing stairs
    Problems going down stairs
    Free-floating anxiety
    Mood swings
    Unaccountable irritability
    Trouble concentrating
    Shin splint-type pain
    Heel pain
    Sensory overload
    Handwriting difficulties
    Sore spot on top of head
    Problems holding arms up (as when folding sheets)
    "Fugue"-type states (staring into space before brain can function)
    Tight hamstrings
    Numbness/tingling on the outer thigh
    Carpal tunnel-like pain in wrist
    Balance problems/staggering gait
    Restless leg syndrome
    Myoclonus (muscle movements and jerks at night)
    Feeling continued movement in car after stopping
    Feeling tilted when cornering in car
    First steps in the morning feel as if walking on nails
    Pressure of eyeglasses or headbands is painful
    Thick secretions
    Bruise/scar easily
    Some stripes and checks cause dizziness
    Bruxism (teeth grinding)
    Inability to recognize familiar surroundings
    Delayed reactions to "overdoing it"
    Family clustering
    Tissue overgrowth (fibroids, ingrown hairs, heavy and splitting nails)

In a one year period I surveyed over 1,000 people. Every single one of them had at one time, or have now, the majority of the above (so-called) "symptoms"! So, in the case of this bogus list, every person on Earth must have Fibromyalgia!

BUT IT REALLY HURTS!

I know. The pain and discomfort are very real. Your whole life is upside down and you probably feel like a guinea pig, what with all that's been tested on you. The only argument I have is the way it's handled by those we're supposed to trust. The medical community has acted in an unethical manner (as if this is the first time) by willingly acting in ignorance, refusing proven pain treatments and leading you on.

SO WHAT'S THE TRUTH?

In my years of research and testing, I discovered that ALL of these "pains of unknown causes" (like Fibromyalgia) have different causes and reasons that vary from patient to patient. Not every body is the same, so the associated causes vary as well.

Research has discovered the following areas can lead to the symptoms that make up Fibromyalgia:

Environmental Influences
    1) Allergic reactions to plant pollen, mold spores, dust, animal hair, smoke, etc.
    2) Close proximity to a source of radiation, electrical energy or magnetic emanations.
    3) Excessive exposure to sunlight.

You can be exhibiting a physical manifestation due to a reaction occurring within your body to any number of organic or inorganic substances. One of our customers had her "Fibromyalgia" cured after she removed the carpet from her home! It had an odd type of mold growing under it that she violently reacted to. Check it out. Look around you and see what can effect you.

Emotional and Psychological Influences
    1) A job that is demeaning, insulting or unfullfilling.
    2) Chronic relationship failures.
    3) Friends that tend to be unethical, criminal, druggies, drunkards, etc..
    4) Inability to assume total responsibility for your actions, failures and successes.
    5) Promiscuity or "alternate lifestyles".

Never underestimate the power of your mind. Confusions, failures, losses, arguments, and feeling bad about your life in general can, and does, lead to various physical reactions within all systems of your body. View each section of your life and try to "smooth out" the rough areas. How, is up to you, but doing so reduces stress.

In the same vein, they say that married men live longer than bachelors. They might, but I bet they have less aggravations! (don't tell my wife I said that!)

Dietary Influences
    1) Lack of minerals.
    2) Lack of calcium and magnesium.
    3) Too high a fat intake daily.
    4) Not enough pure water drank daily.
    5) Sporadic meal times.
    6) Too much red meat, not enough fish.
    7) Too much sugar intake.
    8) Aspartame (Nutrasweet). This stuff is poison.
    9) Digestion problems.

This, perhaps, is the most vital area to address. I have seen miracles occur when someone simply changes their diet, either adding to, or subtracting from, what they normally eat.

2. allhart

allhart New Member

things like this make me mad!i didnt copy all just enough for others to see what kind of things you find doing a internet seach for fm and we wonder why we are treated bad by family and friends they may read things like this,

FIBROMYALGIA
    Is it just another moneymaker
    for the medical community?

If you believe everything the medical community has told you-
    If you've already decided that there is nothing that will help-
    If you're reading this in hopes of finding an "instant cure"-
    don't read any further. You'll only be wasting your, and my, time.

FIBRO- : A word used to combine with another. Means "fibrous".
    MYALGIA : Pain in the muscles.

So these two words, when combined, mean "pain in the muscles and connective tissue".

All of us have, at one time or another, felt various pains in nearly every part of our bodies. Most of us will take an analgesic (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.) and go on with life. Unfortunately, in the past 30 years, there has developed a "new" class of pain for many people. This is where various pains are chronic and persistent, regardless of the pain killers we take.

The medical community, having no real clue as to the cause of these chronic pains, has decided that it must be a "disease" and have placed the label of "Fibromyalgia"on this syndrome.

Doctors will tell you three things:
    1) There are no known tests to determine if you have Fibromyalgia.
    2) There is no known cause for Fibromyalgia.
    3) There are no known cures for Fibromyalgia.

The best the medical community can do is to drug you into a state of stupidity.

So what the doctors are saying is that they know nothing! But these facts have never stopped the (so called) "medical experts" from charging you, and your insurance company, thousands, even millions of dollars in stupid, dangerous, worthless treatments, drugs and surgeries.

HOW DO THEY KNOW IF YOU HAVE FIBROMYALGIA?

They can't. Sorry. And the more ethical ones will actually tell you that. There is no way to actually diagnose someone with Fibromyalgia. So, the way the doctors decide if you have Fibromyalgia is to test you for everything else.

After you (or your insurance company) has paid your doctor a few thousand dollars for worthless tests, and he can't find anything wrong with you, he can then claim "you must have Fibromyalgia"! Some doctors actually bypass all the tests, and go straight to the REAL money makers for them, prescribing drugs and/or surgery!

Does it really take a rocket scientist to see something's wrong with this picture?
    Is it so hard to see that this is one of the largest SCAMS ever to be pulled on the public?

One so-called "expert" actually had the arrogance to claim he had developed a list that shows the symptoms of Fibromyalgia:

Childhood growing pains
    Nocturnal sinus stuffiness
    Allergies
    Post nasal drip
    Drooling in sleep
    Swollen glands
    Difficulty swallowing
    Dry cough
    Dizziness when turning head or changing field of view
    Runny nose
    Sore throat
    Stiff neck
    Mold/yeast sensitivity
    Reflux esophagitis
    Headaches/migraines
    Light and/or broken sleep pattern with unrefreshing sleep
    Sweats
    Morning stiffness
    Fatigue
    Shortness of breath
    Painful weak grip that may let go
    Menstrual problems and/or pelvic pain
    PMS
    Loss of libido
    Low back pain
    Nail ridges and/or nails that curve under
    Difficulty speaking known words
    Directional disorientation
    Visual perception problems
    Tearing/reddening of eye, drooping of eyelid
    Loss of ability to distinguish some shades of colors
    Short-term memory impairment
    Weight gain/loss
    Sensitivity to odors
    Mitral valve prolapse
    Double/blurry/changing vision
    Visual and audio effects/falling sensations before sleep (called "sleep starts")
    Earaches/ringing/itch
    Unexplained toothaches
    Rapid/fluttery/irregular heartbeat/heart attack-like pain
    Bloating/nausea/abdominal cramps
    Appendicitis-like pains
    Carbohydrate/chocolate cravings
    Sensitivity to cold/heat/humidity/pressure changes/light/wind
    Abdominal cramps, colic
    Panic attacks
    Mottled skin
    Depression
    Confusional states
    Thumb pain and tingling numbness
    Urine retention
    Tendency to cry easily
    Night driving difficulty
    Weak ankles
    Lax, pendulus abdomen
    Upper/lower leg cramps
    Tight Achilles tendons
    Groin pain
    Irritable bowel
    Sciatica
    Urinary frequency
    Impotence
    Stress incontinence, anal/genital/perineal pain
    Painful intercourse
    Muscle twitching
    Numbness and tingling
    Diffuse swelling
    Hypersensitive nipples/breast pain
    Fibrocystic breasts
    Buckling knee
    Problems climbing stairs
    Problems going down stairs
    Free-floating anxiety
    Mood swings
    Unaccountable irritability
    Trouble concentrating
    Shin splint-type pain
    Heel pain
    Sensory overload
    Handwriting difficulties
    Sore spot on top of head
    Problems holding arms up (as when folding sheets)
    "Fugue"-type states (staring into space before brain can function)
    Tight hamstrings
    Numbness/tingling on the outer thigh
    Carpal tunnel-like pain in wrist
    Balance problems/staggering gait
    Restless leg syndrome
    Myoclonus (muscle movements and jerks at night)
    Feeling continued movement in car after stopping
    Feeling tilted when cornering in car
    First steps in the morning feel as if walking on nails
    Pressure of eyeglasses or headbands is painful
    Thick secretions
    Bruise/scar easily
    Some stripes and checks cause dizziness
    Bruxism (teeth grinding)
    Inability to recognize familiar surroundings
    Delayed reactions to "overdoing it"
    Family clustering
    Tissue overgrowth (fibroids, ingrown hairs, heavy and splitting nails)

In a one year period I surveyed over 1,000 people. Every single one of them had at one time, or have now, the majority of the above (so-called) "symptoms"! So, in the case of this bogus list, every person on Earth must have Fibromyalgia!

BUT IT REALLY HURTS!

I know. The pain and discomfort are very real. Your whole life is upside down and you probably feel like a guinea pig, what with all that's been tested on you. The only argument I have is the way it's handled by those we're supposed to trust. The medical community has acted in an unethical manner (as if this is the first time) by willingly acting in ignorance, refusing proven pain treatments and leading you on.

SO WHAT'S THE TRUTH?

In my years of research and testing, I discovered that ALL of these "pains of unknown causes" (like Fibromyalgia) have different causes and reasons that vary from patient to patient. Not every body is the same, so the associated causes vary as well.

Research has discovered the following areas can lead to the symptoms that make up Fibromyalgia:

Environmental Influences
    1) Allergic reactions to plant pollen, mold spores, dust, animal hair, smoke, etc.
    2) Close proximity to a source of radiation, electrical energy or magnetic emanations.
    3) Excessive exposure to sunlight.

You can be exhibiting a physical manifestation due to a reaction occurring within your body to any number of organic or inorganic substances. One of our customers had her "Fibromyalgia" cured after she removed the carpet from her home! It had an odd type of mold growing under it that she violently reacted to. Check it out. Look around you and see what can effect you.

Emotional and Psychological Influences
    1) A job that is demeaning, insulting or unfullfilling.
    2) Chronic relationship failures.
    3) Friends that tend to be unethical, criminal, druggies, drunkards, etc..
    4) Inability to assume total responsibility for your actions, failures and successes.
    5) Promiscuity or "alternate lifestyles".

Never underestimate the power of your mind. Confusions, failures, losses, arguments, and feeling bad about your life in general can, and does, lead to various physical reactions within all systems of your body. View each section of your life and try to "smooth out" the rough areas. How, is up to you, but doing so reduces stress.

In the same vein, they say that married men live longer than bachelors. They might, but I bet they have less aggravations! (don't tell my wife I said that!)

Dietary Influences
    1) Lack of minerals.
    2) Lack of calcium and magnesium.
    3) Too high a fat intake daily.
    4) Not enough pure water drank daily.
    5) Sporadic meal times.
    6) Too much red meat, not enough fish.
    7) Too much sugar intake.
    8) Aspartame (Nutrasweet). This stuff is poison.
    9) Digestion problems.

This, perhaps, is the most vital area to address. I have seen miracles occur when someone simply changes their diet, either adding to, or subtracting from, what they normally eat.

3. roro

roro New Member

I dont really know what to say. On the one hand, the author is saying there is no such disease as FM, which is totally bogus. But then you go on to read and what they are really saying is to look for environmental or nutritional causes, which I truly beleive in.
    I think a doctor who doesnt look for environmental or nutritional causes and just hands out pain medicine is a quack, so in that respect I agree with the author.
    I feel that people with this DD must eliminate all possible sources of toxins in their environment and diet first off. They also need supplementation with many vitamins, and minerals. This had improved the lives of many, including myself. But even when I do everything right, I still get flares. There is something there causing this DD. The environmental and nutritional aspect just escalate it and make it much worse. My opinion, anyway.
  4. roro

roro New Member

I would really like to hear others opinions on this....
  5. fibolady

fibolady New Member

totally agree with everything you stated. the problem is that the general public only takes out of an article such as this the information they want to see "there is no such thing as fms"

sometimes i wish i had never told anyone of my diagnosis, even my spouse. he still calls it a waste paperbasket diagnosis, geez. we've all heard that one before.

warm regards, fibolady
  6. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

just wondering who wrote the article. and where are the stattistic's that the author surveyed over 1000 people who all had a symptom at "ONE time in their life?" We have all or most ALL THE TIME. That was from Devins Diagnostic - she is a doctor w/ FM/CMP.

The author obviously did not attend the recent 2 day conferance in Los Angeles, or he/she would know more about current research and substance p, which is in spinal fluid.

Also there was no mention of the vast majority of FM/CMP sufferers and neck/back injury/trauma. With all the research I have done, and kept up with, it is a genetic disease, which, given the right circumstances, may appear within one's lifetime. There is also a lot of confusion w/ FM and CFS. I believe they are seperate since CFS sufferers have swollen lymph nodes and sore throats.

OK, that's my 2 cents!
  7. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

It's a waste of my time and emotions to get mad about anybody's opinion on FM or anything related to is. I just feel sad about it sometimes, but I never get mad. No point to it.

Marilyn :)
  8. sean

sean New Member

this, a diagnoses of fibromyalgia is not based purely on symptoms, as you all know. A researcher is only as good as the amount of research they have done. There was no mention here of the test that is done to confirm the diagnoses, which would discount the majority of the population suffering from some FM type symptoms. Or maybe the person who wrote the article just simply forgot to include that little snippet of info, on how dx is made.
  9. sybil

sybil New Member

it's just another moron with an opinion.
    we have to fight morons with opinions like that every day of our lives.
    if it doesn't exist,except for the medical community to make money,then why does this 'person' then go on to say,it could be allergies,etc.?
    the medical community in the u.k. are making no money out of me,we have a national health service,to which we contribute a small amount through our salaries.so that idea falls flat!

sybilxxx

[ advertisement ]