Bad CFS back after going off one month trial of Zoloft

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shell, Oct 20, 2008.

1. shell

shell New Member

I really felt great on Zoloft. Decreased pain and anxiety... less fatigue except I needed a nap. Then I had severe stomach pain, developed GERD (had acid reflux previously). Even on Protonix was bad symtpoms so I quit the Zoloft after one month after a few days of severe stomach problems. Now everything has gone backwards... I am having severe lymph node troubles in my neck. They are huge, painful and persistent. I am so tired and achy. I have not been this bad in several years!! So was the zoloft just temporarily making me feel good but really reversing everything in the process? Man can't find anything to help this DD!!
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Shell, I was just prescribed Zoloft today, I have been told that the stomach problems will go away but everyone is different. What did your doctor say?

I am scared to try the drug but seems I have no choice as my depression is big time.

It sure is depressing to get your hopes up and then wham..I have that happen so often.

God Bless,
  3. simonedb

simonedb Member

info here and on web where cheney says ssris will make u go backwards, they buy some people days months years but usually eventually make you worse
    mitochondria damage
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

a doctor once suggested that to me...

I didn't see the point as I'm not anxious nor depressed nor in pain like what I'd read about FM then ... if someone is 'just' dx'd with 'just CFIDS', wonder if any CF/FM doc would still recommend it? Or is the assumption the patient is just depressed/anxious regardless...