Bad day lost my brother yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jole, Jul 26, 2006.

1. jole

jole Member

My brother's daugher was married on Sunday evening. We went to the wedding and it was wonderful, but my brother looked sooo bad. He has been being treated for his blood pressure and a slow pulse rate -30's-50's, and they just couldn't get it to stay up.

He made it through his daughter's wedding fine, and back home. they have 5 children and had a wonderful weekend together. Their children are scattered and they aren't all together very often, so it was an especially nice weekend.

Yesterday morning he had a heart attack right after his wife got back from her morning walk, and EMS couldn't revive him - his heart was just too weak. I am sooo upset because the doctor hadn't inserted a pacemaker, but yet happy that his final days were good ones.

I have the upper respiratory stuff since coming home from the wedding, and all this is hitting really hard. I know I will be okay, but I ask for prayers for his wife and children. It's sooo hard to be on such an emotional high then to get hit like this. His daughter got the call on her honeymoon in Jamaca, and is really falling apart, because she was daddy's girl moreso than any of the rest.

God works in great ways, and we all see the blessings in this, but that doesn't stop the pain, emotional or physical.

Friends - Jole
  2. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

OMG... My heart goes out to you!!! There is no pain greater than when you lose someone you love. Just know we are all here for you!!! Try to get extra rest if you can. This is surely going to throw you into a flare-up and rightly so with all the pain you are in... Please use us to talk and vent we are here

Melinda
  3. ChristineInPA

ChristineInPA New Member

I don't post regularly, but I am so sorry for your loss.

You and the family are in my prayers.

Christine
  4. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I'm so sorry that you lost you brother. It's always the hardest to lose a loved one unexpectally. My heart going out to you and your family. Try to remember to take care of your health during this tragic time.

Sending you{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
    Barb
  5. jole

jole Member

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I do believe his spirit is with me, just as my mother's is. I feel connections to many people who have gone, and at times it is quite strong.

I just hope his family is okay through the days and weeks ahead. I will be fine. You all know we live with pain so much we really don't expect much else, and I know the consequences of this. Oh well. I'm here to feel it. (Wow, that sounds terrible). I miss him. We were raised in an abusive household as children and there are so many feelings this all brings about. Much more than just his death. Lots of regrets, anger, things I don't want to remember.

Thanks again for your friendship and your prayers.

Jole
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2006]
  6. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

I hate hear that...i'll pray & keep you in my thoughts.

I hope your family will soon start to heal , this is so sad, i'm truely sorry.

hugs
    saph
  7. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
    "E"
  8. GBHope

GBHope New Member

So sorry to hear of your loss. Please take care and know that we are all here to support you!

GBHope
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

you and your family are in my prayers!!
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Jole, I'm so sorry to hear this. What a shock happening when it did.

Let yourself grieve. It will help you emotionally and physically.

Sending hugs,

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2006]
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Oh I am so sorry. PLease accept condolences. This is too sad.

Love Anne Cromwell
  12. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"m so sorry for your lose. let yourselve greive and remember the good times.Prayers go out for you and his family.
    I lost my big brother last Oct, so I know what your going through. hugs, sixtyslady
  13. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am so sorry for your loss but I am glad that you did get to see your brother and that he got to see his daughter get married.
  14. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. There just doesn't seem to be the right words for me to say to you.

I'm glad that you can see there are blessings and that his last few days were filled with happiness. Lean on your family and friends at this difficult time.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Take care,

Lisa
  15. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm so sorry aboutyour brother; how sad to have it happen when it did. In time, you will all remember that his last days were happy ones.

Please take care of yourself and you will be in my thoughts.

Kathy.
  16. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I am so terribly sorry for your loss....I will say a prayer for you. I'm thankful he got to attend his daughter's wedding, and that she'll have the memory of that happy occasion, even though anniversaries will be bittersweet.

Please know that I'm sending thoughts and prayers to your whole family.

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  17. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I will say prayers for you and your family.
  18. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I am so sorry that you lost your brother. He was so blessed to be able to see all of his family like that and his family was so blessed to be able to see him.

I will pray for you and your family. Hugs to you.

Jodi
  19. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

my prayers go up for you and your family
  20. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Im so sorry to hear of your loss it sounds like you have so much to cope with at least your brother had his last days & he had so much love from you all.
    I will pray for his wife & children & for you & yours.
    The power of prayer is very valuable & i will ask god to offer so much of his love for all of you at this time.
    I hope it helps to tell you how much love god & i are sending you all.
    You take care.
    Fibrolady37.