Bad day to be having a bad day!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IgotYou, Aug 15, 2003.

1. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

Today is my 40th birthday. My husband has a whole weekend full of surprises planned. And I woke up with a migraine, I feel very nauseous and flushed and achey and NOT AT ALL like partying or eating seafood or anything else. But it means a lot to him for me to have fun today, because he's been planning this for months. So not only do I feel sick, I feel bad! I'm trying to hide it, and thought I was, but someone already asked me if I was OK because I looked so bad. Why today? I felt great all week! Can I cry on your shoulder? Anyone have a quick fix for headache/nausea?
  2. wle

wle New Member

...that you are feeling bad on your birthday. I really don't have any advice. I have a friend who rubs that blue emu cream on her temples when she has a headache and she swears it works. I have never used it for a headache..use it for other aches and pains and it does seem to help. Seems like I always feel the worst when we plan something too. Maybe it is the anticipation of FINALLY doing something different and fun...then bam! there I am all achy and whiney. If you don't feel like celebrating this weekend maybe you can post pone 'till next weekend..............
    Hope you are feeling better.............................
    Happy Birthday..........................................
    wle
  3. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

... for the sympathy. I appreciate you're being there while I vent!

Yes, I think it is anticipation that did me in. I'll think happy thoughts and maybe it will get better!
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...for the headache; try either Benedryl or Drammamine (they make a no-drowsiness formula, too) for the nausea part. Sometimes, when I have gotten a migraine in the past, if I can just control the nausea part, the headache still pounds, but I can at least function somewhat.

For the long term, ask your doctor about Maxalt for migraines. I have been using it for a few months & it works wonders---takes care of both headache & nausea.

Happy 40th---I'm hoping your birthday gets better! Sounds like your hubby went all out for you, I'm sorry you aren't feeling better!

((((Hugs)))),
    Pam