Bad day today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littlebren, Apr 29, 2003.

1. littlebren

littlebren New Member

Today I had a very bad day. The pain was so bad that I literally just wanted to give up. I read all of your messages and I am amazed how so many of you endure, This is all new to me and I am struggling as to how to deal with this. I am a preschool teacher and I am very active on a daily basis but I just don't know how long I can continue to work. I have teaching for 26 years. My biggest problem is that there is so much pain in so many places that I cannot focus on one particular area, so them I just shut down and go on a self-pity benge. I hate this disease and I hate what it's doing to me. But just knowing that you are there has helped me plus my relationship with God gets me through each day. Please tell me more about the prayer day I am very interested.
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Consider yourself hugged {{{hugs}}}.

I too am amazed what some people on here go through. I am still able to work and so thankful - when I "have" to do something it helps keep my mind off the pain. Unfortunately it is now not as easy as it use to be.

I haven't heard about the prayer day, just wanted to let you know I'm listening.

Prayers to you.
  3. billiegail

billiegail New Member

I understand and I hate this disease so much.
    I sometimes feel that it has taken my life away from me. I use to be so very active. Now, I have to force myself out of bed and to take the first step is so painful.
    No one understands it either. Since we don't appear to be sick, then they just think we are nuts or something.
    I am sorry, I am just venting on your post.
    I'll be keeping you all in my prayers and I am also very interested in prayer day as well.
    God bless you and yours
    ~BillieGail~
  4. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

I'm so sorry your hurting so much today, i've been to see the nurse today as my blood pressure is very high and as ive put on weight she was telling me i must exercise, i told her i cant as i have M.E and it hurts so much if i excercise now i will be ill for a week in about 3 days and will have to stay in bed, i some time wonder if they no anything about it at all, what have you been diagnosed with
    Loopyloo x
  5. littlebren

littlebren New Member

Today I went to the doctor and she put me on new meds. The pain is now somewhat bearable and tomorrow I start therapy. I am curious to know if the therapy will cause me to hurt more? My doctor also put me on steriods . Has anyone tried this and if so how did it affect you? Sometimes I feel like a walking pharmacy. I am so glad and blessed to have found all of you, it's almost like I have a new family. I will be praying for each one of you.
  6. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I am glad your drs. appt. went well and you have found some relief. Your post certainly seems more upbeat than the last.

Please don't feel as if you are ever having a pity party if your pain is unrelenting, and not being controlled. One cannot help but dwell on themselves and the pain they are in--at those times.

Please remember to not overdo, now that you are feeling a bit better, that is a mistake we all make. You lead such a busy life anyway, remember to take extra time to rest and recoup.

Best wishes, LL