Bad experiences with suppliments?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by padre, Dec 14, 2006.

1. padre

padre New Member

I have not had problems with vitamins and limited suppliments, but a friend was convinced that I need some mega stuff. I looked at other posts here and found mixed reviews on these things. Well, at the end of the week I feel like dirt, my stomach aches, I am having more trouble sleeping than usual. It think it is the "magic power."

How have you done on suppliments?
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Get the ones that have no preservatives, artificial colors or preservatives. Maltodextrin is another name for MSG.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/14/2006]
  3. padre

padre New Member

I'm sorry I'm late with response. I am trying to use Re-Liv ProVantage, Classic and Innergizer. They are multi-suppliments with loads of things.
  4. padre

padre New Member

How much Folic acid?
  5. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Sorry you're having a hard time w/ your supplements.

Anything that claims to give "energy", you really have to check and know the ingredients. Sounds like there's something in the energizing one that may be affecting your sleep.

Sometimes combo supps can have caffiene (and in many different forms like "gota kola") and will get your body racing.

Check thoroughly before taking anything.....those ingredients that you've never heard of, look up on-line....be safe!

scapper
  6. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

What are you taking?
  7. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Thanks for finally giving a reasonable explanation for why Vit. C is a problem for some people. I don't have fibro and so it's not relevant to my problems, but it's a question that's been puzzling me for a while as I've read the info on the board.
  8. padre

padre New Member

Thanks.
    I take folic acid, B-6, B-12 and a stress tab plus fish oil. These are all for heart health. I was doing fine, but got a great sales pitch. I have told the folks that it about did me in and they have a money-back guaranty. That's fine except they cannot give me the last three days back.

Prickles -- I agree. I went on the vitamins one at a time to make sure they did not effect me and was doing fine. Taking a huge amount of things can certainly confuse the issue. Thanks for the support and information. I'll report back on how I do.