Bad Flare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jillian44, Aug 5, 2006.

1. jillian44

jillian44 New Member

been in a real bad flare. two weeks now and feel just awful..I am so tired. Does anyone ever get anxiety when they go into a flare? When I get into this terrible disease I feels so awful. I just want to cry. I am with someone who dosen't understand. I have to pretend that everything is ok when it is not. It is so hard. I feel like I am so overwhelmed with everything. I just want to be happy.
  2. toughone

toughone New Member

Going on my sixth day now--worst flare ever and I've had this DD for years and years. Don't know why it's so bad this time--maybe the weather, maybe Mars being so close, who knows. I've been going in and out of flares constantly since May. Only a few days in between with pain less than 9-10. I have to hide my symptoms a lot, too. My husband would rather believe there's nothing wrong with me--don't know if it's easier for him that way. Don't care--I need help and understanding. My kids are wonderful, but I can't depend on them all the time.
    Anxiety, anger, sadness are all much worse when I'm in a flare.

You are not alone...everyone here is so understanding and caring. Just reach out--I have and they are there for you.

Take good care of yourself always...

Bonny
  3. Astarte

Astarte New Member

I'm sorry your feeling so awful and your living situation doesn't sounds like it's a very compassionate arrangment. Anyway you can change that?

If you go to the arthritis.org site, they give an explanation fo what your going through. Maybe printing that out and showing it your partner will help? It's hard enough to live this way, but to have to be forced to pretend things are alright is like being beaten and putting on a happy face. That sucks.

What I have found is that most people can relate on some level as to what we are going through, if the information is given in the right way. Each person can relate on some level and we have empathy for most illnesses. This is an illness, not soemthing in our heads that we have created. We have bad days and good days...our bad ones last a long time and our good ones seem to out-number them.

You're not alone Jillian.
    Star
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I agree with one of the others. Print out literature or some of the posts.

Also make a list of all the things you feel; symptoms and emotions.

Hope you get through, also asure him you know there is nothing he can do to change it, you just want him to understand what you are going through.

Take care,
    Susan