Bad Flare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maggie_d, Jun 5, 2008.

1. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

I haven't posted in awhile, but always visit the site. I was feeling really good end of Feb beginning of March,then I came down with a lung infection which stuck around for weeks. Went on antibiotics and it is finally cleared, but now I am in a terrible flare, I really should keep a journal as I am trying to remember(haha) if I flare every May/June with the weather change or if this is from pushing myself while I was run down.

It is taking all my might to get to work, where I sit at my desk with a heating pad all day, I do remember to get up and stretch etc... but I feel like I could just lay down and not move for a couple of days.

Does anyone else go through terrible flares this time of year. It is so hard to convince yourself that this will pass while you are in it.
  2. kel589

kel589 New Member

I am so sorry you are going through a bad flare,I also go through bad flares and I tell my self this too shall pass. when I go through a flare I try my best to listen to my body.that usualy means stay in bed or take a day or two off my normal work if possible, if not pace yourself and keep all stress low .watch a funny movie,hot baths,read a good book,etc take care (((hugs))) keep us updated kel589
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2008]
  3. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

I actually feel a lot better today (for now lol), the weather system is changing and the sun is shining here. Thanks for the kind words :)
  4. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Boy you sound like me. I have 2 heating pads at work. One for my neck and shoulders and one for my back. I feel like I've been just dragging myself in the last year!

I see you're from Ontario. We live just outside Ottawa and this weather has not been helping at all. I don't know if it's just May/June, but I feel like I've been in a flare since Xmas 2006. I've just never bounced out of it.

I hope your flare subsides soon.

All the best,

[This Message was Edited on 06/06/2008]
  5. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

Thanks...Yeah the weather is really unsettled here, will keep my heating pads handy and brave the storm, so to say.

Take care,