Bad flare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sarahfemme, May 14, 2003.

1. sarahfemme

sarahfemme New Member

Seems lke I've ben afk forever. I'm in the midst of a very bad flare and by the time I get home from work, all I have the energy to do is sleep. I've been crying at night because I hurt so much. I just lost my regular MD-she moved-and don't know whether to call the rheumatologist for this or not. I've only seen her once and she didn't really listen to me b/c she was too busy training her resident. I guess I'll do the best I can on my own. Btw, i turn 42 tomorrow. I was going to take myself out to dinner but just don't have the energy. Maybe the weekend.

Soft hugs to everyone and I hope to be back soon.
    -Sarah
  2. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I think I'd get to another doc - seems like alot of folks on this board go to a rheumy. You need someone who understands your problem & can give you some form of treatment to help you through this flare. When I had a bad flare, my doc sent me to PT which did me a world of good. The stretching is great - even if you're in a flare (do gentle stretches). In the long run it will be a big help to you.

Also, I've found a long hot bath with bath salts does wonders on an aching body, or some tiger balm - it works for me also.

I hope you find some relief soon.

Take care.........Kathi
  3. insomniac1

insomniac1 New Member

Hi just wanted to let you know your not out there alone take care and hope you start to feel better soon oh ya happy birthday!!!! kris
  4. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

I have been trying all week to remember it tomorrow, I was so worried I would forget or that you would not see it.

I am also very sorry you will not get to enjoy your birthday the way you would have liked. Maybe a pleasant surprise will find it's way to you and reduce some of your burden.

As for tomorrow - Happy Birthday, Sarah! ~{:eek:)

Lane
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have you tried a Epson Salts and Peroxide bath before bed? It truly helps with the pain, not a cure, but at least you will get an almost pain free night of sleep.

Heres what I do;

3 large bottles of regular Peroxide
    3 cups of Epson Salts

Mix in a tub of very warm water. Soak for TWENTY MINUTES ONLY. YOu will feel weak when you get out of the tub, so get into a warm bed, use the heating pad to warm the bed for you.

I can assure you, this is a great help with the pain and the morning stiffness.

HOpe you are feeling better soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Sarah,

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Mine is on Tuesday, the 20th. I can totally relate jon. I am in the middle of a horrible flare too. I called my doc today to demand to be seen and/or get stronger meds. Are you taking anything for the pain? I am on 10 mg/ Percocet three times a day and that is not enough. He just said to go to the ER. What a joke. I am hear with you. You are not alone. Please try to find a doc that will listen. You need to be seen. You don't have to suffer. Stay strong and fight for yourself. You are in my prayers.

Big soft birthday hugs,
    Kathryn
  7. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

I would have posted it tomorrow but my memory is shot and I didn't want to forget.
    So sorry that you are going through such a rough time, but you WILL come out the other side. Just rest as much as you can and be gentle with yourself.
    hugs
    Mary x
  8. larayne

larayne New Member

This is the first time I have done this so bear with me. Sarah many soft hugs to you. I have been in a flare for 3 days. Two of them just getting up when I needed to fix a meal. The pain is unbearable and I would like to cry. I hate to complain as everything hurts and I feel like a hypochondriac, I have this new pain in my breast. Many times I get horrible pain in my left arm as well as the back and legs. I know it is not a heart attack so no problem (I would be dead by now if it were) but now it is in my left breast. I told the doctor about it and he just said it is fibro. again exercise more. I can't walk when I am like this and what good would it do my boob? I will try the peroxide and epson salts when I get some. lara
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope you are feeling better soon; prayers going up.

Love, Mikie