Bad Habit?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jadibeler, Aug 8, 2006.

1. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I don't think so. Not unless I developed that habit as a small child. There has to be a reason. I can remember what hell getting up for school and work always was - and now if I have to get up early for something. I try never to schedule anything until late morning.

Sleepyinlalaland put her finger right on what was bothering me about that article. I was expecting to be told what this "disorder" is. Nothing in the suggestions was new, I've heard it all before. And no, it doesn't work.

I'll tell you what did work and that was reestablishing proper cortisol release. Is that considered a hormone? The racing brain, not being able to fall asleep or stay asleep, waking up just as exhausted and sick as I went to bed, it's the story of my life. But after months of taking Drenatrophin I was able to go to bed (still not 10:00 - is he crazy?) and sleep well, wake up ready to get to work on a big project I was doing then. The change was unbelievable.

But I stopped taking it - or doing any of the other things I was doing/taking - about 1-1/2 years ago and - well, you see it's 5:55 AM. Usually I'm ready to go to bed by now but occasionally I'm not and end up still up at 8:00 or 9:00. I'm back to needing at least an hour to become functional - which means if I do have to go somewhere early I have to get up even earlier. The same goes for naps.

I find that if I stay up until I can't keep my eyes open or my eyes won't focus on the writing on a page I will fall asleep almost instantly and I'll feel much better when I do get up. Unfortunately, most people's lives get in the way of that kind of schedule - or lack thereof.