Bad News?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clementyne, Mar 17, 2012.

1. clementyne

clementyne New Member

Well, as you know I have been so happy with the results I have had with Savella and I am still happy - but @ my 3 month Dr. appt. my B.P. was 146/112 & my heart rate was 130. I have had a high heart rate since I was a kid - I couldn't take Myadol because it made my heart race - & I have been on meds for this for years.

At the visit my Dr. took me off Metophrovol(sp?) & put me on Carvedilol x 2 daily. He also took me off Flexeril because lo & behold! he discovered that it increases the heart rate! I have been on this for years and my high H.R. has been an issue all along & he just now finds this out? I am so angry!

On the upside my B.P. is now 99/69 & my H.R. is 83. I do think my B.P. might have been high @ my visit because just when I left home it started to poor down rain, which of course, caused traffic to slow down. Then I got behind a trash truck & then a school bus & I knew I was going to be about 5 minutes late. I called the office & told them what happened & the girl was a little snotty & said she would pass the message along but if I was too late they would have to reschedule me. Anyway, I was really flustered & I told my Dr. that I thought that was why my B.P. was high but he wanted to change my med anyway.

Also, he would only give me one month of Savella & said if my vitals weren't better he would have to discontinue the Savella. I don't think that's going to happen but I'm still a bit concerned because ... & here is a question for anyone who has used Savella ... for about a month or a little more I have had a pain on my right side @ my waist but more towards the back than the front. It will hurt 24/7 for a while & then stop for a couple of days or so, then start up again. Have any of you experienced this?

When it hurts I don't feel like eating. I haven't eaten today & it's nearly 7pm here.

On the plus side, I am feeling so much better Fibro pain wise that I have been working in my yard like crazy! One day, I worked outside for about 7 hours & then the next day, I went shopping in the morning & worked in the yard for about 4 hrs. I would have worked longer but my side was hurting so bad that I just had to stop.

Anyway, I know this is long but if any of you have any thoughts, I would love to hear them.

[This Message was Edited on 03/17/2012]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/17/2012]
  2. clementyne

clementyne New Member

I know that my BP & HR were too high but I so don't want to go off the Savella as I feel like it is giving me my life back!

And of course when I was @ the Dr. my side wasn't hurting so I forgot all about it! I didn't put it in my notebook which is a big mistake! Without that, I can't remember much! Lol!

I have so been loving this weather but I keep thinking "What is it going to be like in July & August?"! I definitely do better in cooler weather & here in the mid-west it is supposed to be in the 80's the next few days!

I have an appointment with the Dr. in 2 weeks or so but if the pain in my side get's worse I will call him. I did think of gall bladder or maybe appendix, maybe.
    My 45 year old brother's appendix burst last year & he waited 2 days before he went to the ER - they had to scrub his insides out & said if he had waited much longer there would have been nothing they could do. He doesn't have health insurance, so he didn't want to go!

Anyway, thanks so much for your reply ... how are you feeling?