Bad Reaction , Eye Exam and Yellow Drops,

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bruin63, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I had an eye exam yesterday, and after they put the drops in my eye's, I had burning, and stinging, like crazy.

I bathed my eyes with distilled water after I got home, but still had a gritty feeling in my eye's.
    Plus Pain, achiness like pain.

Was wondering if anyone else had a Bad Reaction to the Yellow, drops they use, to exam your eyes.

It gave me a horrible headache too.

sharonk
  2. Jude

Jude New Member

Hi Sharon

I had a similar experience with an eye exam about three or four years ago. I do remember the stinging eyes and awful headache. My headache was gone by the next morning. I don't know what caused it. I've had eye exams after that and they didn't give me a headache. I don't know why that happened the one time.

I usually check to see if you are still around when I scan the board. I think that we kind of stumbled onto this board around the same time. I think that we've both done a lot of learning since that time. If you ever write that book I want to read it.

Jude
  3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I am very, surprised to read a post from you, and may I say it is a really Nce Surprise.

I found out a few others have had this problem, I am guessing it's another FMS, thing.
    We are so Sensitive to things, you never know.

Yes we have a long History with the PH board, and I am very Happy that you do look for me, lol,

I do hope all is Well in your WOrld.

Hug's,
    sharonk
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

<Call your eye doctor and tell them what happened

They may say that others have reacted the same way

They need to mark your chart that this happened
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I had my eyes checked and they used the drops also. My eyes have hardly any moisture and he did tell me these could burn or sting. They did.

I used my artificial tears and flooded my eyes when I went home. It really helped.

My eyes were a little gritty feeling. This passed as I flushed my eyes.

Kim