Bad Relapse 10weeks Have CFS Any Advice??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shanwill, Nov 10, 2006.

1. shanwill

shanwill Member

Hi there,
    I've had CFS for the past 3 and half years and have been on a roller coaster of symptoms functioning between a 4-7 out of 10 on average. The last couple months though I've dipped down to a 2-3/10 and can't seem to rise above it.

I'm eating right, resting loads, don't seem to have a bug or anything or any new stressors. I think I caught a bug a first but now have no idea. The fatigue is debilitating, only able to walk a couple minutes a day, where I was doing about 15-20 prior.

Anyone have any advice? I am desperate to pull out of this, this is the longest relapse I've had, usually only lasts a few weeks. Don't know what to do....

Thank you!
    Shannon
  2. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

sorry you feel bad.
    i am also on a relapse or just worsening steadily and can feel with you.
    in the moment nothing seems to help and i cant realy give you any good advice.

well, one thing helps me allways a bit or can at times, stop the relapse for some time: fasting, rice water fasting with juices.

try it for one day and see how you react.
    the rice water here in india is considered to be a way to flush the toxins out and is done with red indian rice coocked with a lot of water for a long time (untill water gets milky, and you can eat it with the rice, like a soup)

take care and a hug , hope we both feel better soon.
    karina
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I have read that we people with CFS should NOT fast, we are just too debilitated, our body needs food.

The thing about relapses is that you dont know how long they're going to last and very often dont know what causes them.

I have been through relapses that have lasted days and ones that have lasted many months, I just always tell myself that I am going to come out of it, I am going to get on my feet again even if its only for a short while.

The only thing you can do is eat well, take your supplements and keep your spirits up.

love
    Rosie
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

I relapsed bad after my disability hearing this year. I really thought I was gonna die this time. It took 8 months to get over it. You say you're eating right but are you really? No wheat, no dairy, at least until you get over this. My problem was my liver was overwhelmed. Definitely no fasting, at least not now. Eat small meals throughout the day, mostly vegetables. Don't eat anything that comes in a box is a good rule to follow. Rice and beans provide good protein. If you have to eat meat, just a little chicken. Look up liver congestion and focus on the liver and digestion. Take digestive enzymes and especially betaine hcl when you eat protein to help digest it. Look up Dr. Cheney's cfs protocol and take all the supplements. I got stupid and let it happen. For one, I started drinking milk and eating yogurt and cheese again. Then I started cheating on other foods that weren't liver friendly. I was feeling so good I thought I could get away with it. It creeped up on me and floored me. I think the liver isn't making all the things it usually does so I take MSM, TMG, NAC, acetyl l carnitine, Sam e, mega vitamins and mineral pills, phosphatidyl choline, ribose and oil based coq10. Look these up, they sound funny but these are all things that you need and that are in your body and your liver is responsible for making most of them. Also probiotics and dandelion. After just a couple of days of all these things I was feeling pretty good but now I need to get my strength back up. I lied around so long like an idiot because the brain fog got me and I just couldn't think of what to do. Also look up food combining. It's a real pain in the butt, but it really helps. For example, don't mix starch and protein. That's what I lived on growing up. Like I said, it's a real pain. Also try a good electrolyte solution because when the liver isn't functioning, you tend to be malnourished. And don't believe your doctor when he says your liver is fine because that's what my liver doctor said (had hep c) but when I take these things, I feel good. My liver function tests are normal, so I had to figure it out myself by symptoms and what worked. Your liver just needs a rest. My poor husband got wore out this time, too. I kept him pretty busy. Cheney's protocol really explains a lot, too. good luck!
  5. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

well, we read a lot of things. have you tried it?

rice and juice fasting is not a complete fast and it is a very efective way to detox!
    if you read about Rich`s recovery, he himself did submit that juices have helped him more than his supplements.

to fast for one, to several days, is a very old way and used in Ayurveda since 5000 years.

you have to try it , before you make the judgement, if it is good for u or not.
    many with cfids have reported an improvement to moderate fasting and a very strict control over your diet at all times.

try it!!!!
    take care karina

i have been not sticking to this strict diet and have not been fasting for a while and voila.....
    i have a lousy dicscipline and that acounts for half of my misery in the moment.

[This Message was Edited on 11/11/2006]
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

As another Shannon, please accept my hugs and hope for your recovery.

((love)) Shannon
  7. Catseye

Catseye Member

Cheney's treatment is available in the library here, search for Paul Cheney and look at Nov 8, 2002. good luck, karen