bad storm finally got the power back

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlenef, Oct 15, 2006.

1. charlenef

charlenef New Member

we got the first snow storm of the year and what a storm it was i never want this to happen again what a horrible feeling no electric for days. my yard looks like a tornado went through it.we moved our bed to the dinning room so we could run the stove every now and then for some heat.wehad to throw out so much food .im just glad we were blessed that the power was only out for 3 day some people wont have any on until next week sunday! charlene
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

That sounds like Quite a storm!! Amazing How much Electricty is a big part of our lives! Glad to hear yours is Back on! YEA!!
    Do you Have a woodstove? It's always a nice Backup, I Grew up with Wood Heat (miss it!) I Know some People invest in Gas run Generators (SP) just in case ! Have you ever wonderded How the Pioneers Survived all thoes Years with out all the Conveniences we have Now days? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Every time the Elec goes out up Here That always crosses my mind! It's so Earlie for a Storm likethis!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sydney in MonTana
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

the problem was the leaves haven fallen off the trees so when the 2 ft of snow came it brought down about 40 large branches from huge maple trees between my house and my motherinlaws. charlene