BAD WEEK + Dr. is decreasing meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marilynb, Apr 7, 2006.

1. marilynb

marilynb New Member

I work 30 hours a week & for the most part it is a desk job, but we have examiners there right now & I have been having to do very heavy manual labor for the past week & a half. I am really paying the price for it. I have had to pull files & bucket them up & lift them to move them from here to there. I also have been under a great deal of pressure to get them done, like an hour a ago (you get the idea). I am off today, so other than a Dr. appt. this morning, the rest of my day has been spent in bed.

I have to keep my hours at 30 per week to get medical insurance. I am off on Fridays. I went in to work yesterday after getting up & barely being able to move. I could hardly get around until I took my pain med & muscle relaxant. I told my boss I would not be able to lift anything, because it had taken a toll on me. (She knows I have FM) (She says she understands, but she's like the rest who don't have it, she doesn't really understand)Anyway, she is at the location where the examiners are located & her reply to me was, "Well, if you were at this location, you would not have a choice!" I was floored!

Oh & to top all this off, my pain Dr. decreased my medication! Instead of taking Norco every 4-6 hours as needed for pain-up to 5 a day. His new order was 1 every 6 hours as needed with a max of 4 a day! Also, he decreased my Robaxin (muscle relaxant) from 3 a day to 2 a day. I am freakin out, I don't know how to do this, especially now! I talked to someone in his office & they said, "He just wants to see how you do on the decreased amount" They said if it is a problem, he wants me to come back & see his nurse practioner.

So, I guess I am gonna have to go to the FFC for sure. Sure can't work like this.

Sorry about rambling. Whenever I get to talkin about all this, I just keep going. This is really the only place I can do this, because anytime I talk to my DH, he just walks away...

Does anyone have an idea how to handle this?

So glad ya'll are here for me.

Marilyn
    [This Message was Edited on 04/07/2006]
  2. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Sorry you've had such a rotten week, Marilyn. :( I can't imagine doing all that lifting. I'd be in bed for a week! Hopefully you will do OK with the decreased meds, but if not, definitely get in touch with your doctor ASAP. You should get the help you need. I hope you feel better soon.

Julie