Bad week - must rant!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shaz73, Jun 3, 2010.

1. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

Hi all,

So I'm dealing with having CF as usual with its usual problems - just a normal week really. But then on wednesday afternoon I get a call from the police to say my mum (who has bipolar and unwell at moment) has run away from my dad in the city and been missing for several hours. Very stressful, although I remained calm for most of the time, not all obviously. Praise God she returned home of own accord before nightfall.

I think I've felt worse about it after the event, delayed shock I guess, coupled with the fact that Mum is still not well and I dont feel that it is being taken seriously enough by dad or community health nurse.

Added to that...I HATE my job, I mean really HATE it. I only work 22 hours a week, and that wears me out anyway, but the job has never been what the job description implied. There is often very little, or nothing to do, so I am bored a lot and have to look busy. My boss has the worse communication skills of a boss that I have ever had, appears and disappears seemingly at will. Contract finishes in September and I will NOT be staying. In fact, I so want to leave but worry that I can't afford to quit. HELP!!! The struggle it takes to get here somedays and keep awake and keep going - and it doesnt seem worth the energy I waste on it.

Sorry this has been long and rather depressing. The positive thing is that I just married a gorgeous, caring man just over a month ago and am very happy with him! Just wish my working life was better. Thanks for reading..

2. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Rant here all you want - we are all here for you Shaz! I know I do my fair share!

Sorry to hear about your mom - bipolar. Is she on meds? Has she been hospitalized?

Being at a boring job with CFS is the worst isnt it! It would be much better if there were more work, so you would actually be busy. I think being bored makes CFS that much worse.

On a side note - how did you find a man??? I'm 43 and have been divorced for 5 years. The men my age seem worthless - and forget about understanding FM and CFS!
  3. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

for your response. Yes, my mum is on medication and has been hospitalized many times over the last 30 years or so. Currently is at home with my dad, but not really getting any better at moment.

I think the boredom does make CF worse - that and wasting energy getting up and coming to a useless job.

Side note - I found a man at church! Plenty of understanding men in the church. Try it!

4. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

I have a (crazy) idea. You mentioned that you would like to quit your job but are worried about finances. Maybe you could take your paycheck and just put it somewhere....savings account, under the mattress,etc!!...and try living without it for a while. If you can make it without that $$, yu might be able to make it without your paycheck.

My husband has not worked for 3 years and is currently awaiting word from "the judge" regarding his SSDI. I've been on disability from my job since December 23rd and am slowly improving and hoping to get back to my job soon.

We've had some very rough times since December, but we still have a roof over our heads. It hasn't been easy, but we've done it. DH, who does the grocery shopping and cooking, has become a coupon king!! And, because I'm not working, we're using less gas in the car.

Anyway, just thought I'd put the idea out there!

Good luck - Jan