Bags under eyes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Girlof41, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Girlof41

Girlof41 New Member

For the past 3 months, I have had those lovely bags under my eyes. People ask me if I have had enough sleep ( I wish). Does this attractive addition go with the cfs territory? I look, welllll, baggy.
  2. Girlof41

Girlof41 New Member

For the past 3 months, I have had those lovely bags under my eyes. People ask me if I have had enough sleep ( I wish). Does this attractive addition go with the cfs territory? I look, welllll, baggy.
  3. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

I'm not sure if it is a symptom of CFS k?

BUT, I do know my dear sweet hubby had them. One night An Associate said something about the dark bags.

1990 He had eye surgery where they not only removed the 'lovely bags', but, also removed some skin from the upper part of his droopy eyelids.

Gentleness
  4. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

O O Forgot to mention I have them also.

I believe mine are caused from the Edema I have associated with Arteriorsclerosis, High Blood Pressure and Tachyardia.
    But, Right Now, I dont think I'm ready to have the Eye Surgery.

Gentleness
  5. LauraA

LauraA New Member

I don't know if it does go along with cfs or not but I've had the same problem for a long time. My eyes seem a little baggy but dark under them. And if/when I dont get enough sleep my eyes get so dark that it looks like a black eye. I try to cover some with make up so i wont look like a zombie but it doesnt help.
  6. dndoriginal

dndoriginal Guest

I used to model before the Fibromyalgia took over my life and I was taught some secrets. Try using Preparation H in a small amount (careful not to get in the eye) under the eyes before bed. You can also take a tea bag and wet it and place that on your eyes as well. If you take white tooth paste and put a tiny diluted amount right on the dark area it may lighten it up a little. Last but not least good old cover up blended in well. Just make sure you get the right color or you may end up with that racoon look. :) Good Luck!
    Remember to moisturize with a good under eye cream everyday.
    Deanna
  7. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

dark purple looking bags under my eyes. I put a little pink lipstick under my eyes and rub it in. Then I use cover up (my skin tone) over that. Finally I use my foundation. I was told that using a yellowish tone makeup under your eyes first and then follow through with the cover up and foundation helps too. This does help some just depending on how bad the bags are!

Crissie
  8. meandyou

meandyou New Member

Hi,
    I would think that the bags are from the lack of sleep. It's being sleep deprived that causes the bags not the diease. The illness causes the sleeping problems not the bags. Take care and have a good day.

meandyou
  9. pamela

pamela New Member

Major bags some days due to poor quality of sleep and also no sleep. I have been lately getting at least 4-5 maybe 6 hours of sleep(if i'm lucky ) from taking the ZMA, valerian root and generic benydryl. Have to take all at once or it does not kick in very well. Also I am 41...maybe that helps too. My husband jokes around and says "Your just a bag!!!" He says it in a funny voice so I always laugh. I tell him he's the bigger bag...he's 47. Lots of hugs!!!! Pamela

[ advertisement ]