Balancing the Immune System

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Plantscaper, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Has anyone had experience with Dr. Cheney's suggestions on treatments for balancing the immune system: Kutapressin, Isoprinosine, Pine Cone Extract, Earth Dragon Peptides, or Heparin?!
  2. rebeccavw

rebeccavw New Member

Hi

I have not tried any of above myself yet but have emailed a few people who have tried Isoprinosine and said it helped with the flu like symptoms. I am currently trying to persuade my GP to prescribe it. I live in UK and spoke to an Immunologist that had been using it on his patients and said 1/3 improved on it some got worse and some stayed same.

If you live in America I don't think you can have it prescribed but can buy it from (Edited to remove URL)

Rebecca
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Thanks for the info.. Does it help to have our disease referred to as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis over there?! and are there many people doing much research in this area? Also, you have a national health service, don't you? I wonder how that works out, if the quality is good.. although, in our disease, it doesn't really matter since there are no really good treatment choices at this point. AMELIA
  4. rebeccavw

rebeccavw New Member

Hi

They used to call it ME but now it Chronic Fatigue syndrome which annoys me a bit because that sounds like you are just tired all the time. Fatigue isn't one of the main probels for me although I do have chronic insomnia so its not surprizing I,m tired ! On a good day I feel like I have flu on a bad day I feel like I have glandular fever. I had a couple of months last year where I thought I was almost better but am having a bad relapse at the moment.

I am really interested in this Th1 Th2 theory. There is a good in depth article on this by Dr. Kilmas its quite medical but I,ll try and find the exact site I found it on. The only good thing about the NHS is you don't have to pay for all the tests although I have spent a fortune on every alternative treatment and supplement known to man ! I emailed one lasy who said taking Isoprinosine had given here her life back for a year so I would def try it. I think its quite safe.

Rebecca
  5. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

In this country, the general public tends to dwell on that one symptom,too, infact, many of them don't seem to know about all the other much worse symptoms..especially the neurological, immunological, dysautonomia, etc. and we at times, have been the butt of their jokes...I am very interested in Dr. Cheney's theory on Balancing the Immune System, too, because it explains a great deal as to what is going on with our bodies.. I just hope that some of those medications/alternative medicine suggestions will work in practice for people. You indicated that just 1/3 improved with Imunovir..was that on a large sample of people? Do you know about KUTAPRESSIN? OR THE OTHER ALTERNATIVE MEDS? I have heard of Heparin and hope to hear back from my physician on this research..I sent her these articles. Please keep me posted if you find out anymore about this subject and I will be searching, as well.. I have had a lot of insomnia problems, and have finally found a very excellent solution for myself and hopefully it may work for you: have you tried Zanaflex (a muscle relaxant)? It is best med. I have found for sleep with no "hangover effect" and I feel better overall with less sleep, so I'm also getting a higher quality of sleep. It was prescribed for me at 4-8mg just before bedtime...[This Message was Edited on 02/01/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2003]
  6. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Dear Jelly, I just started using a computer so I'm coming into this community slower, but it sure does beat the pace of just getting the CFIDS Journal every quarter. Is there anything else I need to know at this point?! Which treatment would you start with first, or all at once? I had just bought a lot of undenatured whey protein and you are saying it has arginine in it which causes mycoplasma overgrowth. I just checked with the manufacturer of the kind I have and they said it wasn't in their powder. Are they not telling the truth? I use Ultimate LoCarb Whey Powder, Biochem(manufact.). Are their any other avenues of treatment I need to know?! THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!!!!!! AMELIA
  7. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Dear Jelly, You have just presented me with the best news I've seen since I've had this DD...I will follow this to the letter and, hopefully, get my physician on board(if not, I did get your message in e-mail). She is the best I have found here, just not "cutting-edge", and their policy on not using antibiotics has been bothersome. Well, this is why all those nutrients have not seemed to work, the maladsorption syndrome, the IVs of minerals/vit., etc.. How long were you on the Heparin before you started the antibiotics/oxygen? I would take the Heparin in any form, if it works. I've given myself, and my mother shots. I definitely agree with you on the insomnia issue. If you have any other book suggestions, please let me know. I am looking up the others. Where did you get the info on hypercoagulation? I just had another thought..Could I get your physician's e-mail address, fax # or address..I would like to get my physician to contact yours, so she could get the information from another peer. I don't KNOW which way she would prefer to contact him. THANKS AGAIN!!! AMELIA[This Message was Edited on 02/01/2003]
  8. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Thank you for all of your great suggestions and I will get back to you on a less painful day.. AMELIA