Bands on Gluteous Maximus.........OUCH!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by EZBRUZR, Aug 10, 2003.

1. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

OUCH!! Sitting Is an ISSUE today!!! I thought I was getting soreness in sitting area yesterday,did extra stretching,and took Flexril at bed.This morning I awoke ,it felt as if I'd been Shot on sitting surface! I do not do bathes,only Showers,there is to much lisa in the way to make shower water help.My balance is poor,i have fallen in tib 5 times this year,never w/good outcome.I've tried Tennis Balls to remove or hit pain,bit of an uncomfortable position,not so effective :) .ANY suggestions Greatly Welcome!!The commonsense I have learned w/ these syndroms IS NOT WORKING today.Thank you in Advance for any suggestions!! Peace,lisa
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2003]
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

bumping for me...ooooouuuuch!,
    Peace,eZ
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I looked up Piriformis Syndrome and if you are talking about the muscle pain I have in my hips it is not the same thing. What I have is knots in my butt! But not anything located as high up as in the above named syndrome.

I do stretches for it, lying flat on my back and bending one knee up and then rolling to the opposite side, then back. Do this slowly a few times then swtich sides. I also pull my knees up to my chest, while lying flat. I do one at a time. Both of these help the situation.

My massage therapist also gives this area a workout each week when I see her. Mine has been there for about two years and shows no signs of going away any time soon.

Barbara

4. achy

achy New Member

Talk about a pain in the A$$!! I get knots right in the middle of each "cheek". You can't find a position sitting standing or laying down to relieve the apin.

The only thing i found that helps is moist heat. I lay on my heating pad wiht the moisture pad in it. I also have a pollinex massage pad that helps a bit.

I have also tried capsasin hp cream. first few times it may make you itch..but then you get used to it.

Hope you get relief soon
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  5. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

All of the suggestions are proving to be of benefit.Didn't Buy the Cane thingy yet,but looked at info and it may be a must have.On the bathtub tips thanks too. I have implemented some saftey meassures,the combination of water/balance and me may always B an issue.I did not know you could use *rubs* on butt,daa!Some days real slow thinker here :)
    Peace,lisa
  6. GooGooGirl

GooGooGirl New Member

I have the huge knots in my butt cheeks too! They are very painful. It hurts to sit and they even hurt when I walk.
    I'm glad someone else brought this up. I told my Rheumy about them last time I was there but he did not say much.
    He did feel them and said he could feel the knots.