Bandwoman and Windblade

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caffey, Oct 14, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi Judy and Nancy: Thanks for your concern. Things have gone from bad to worse. I was on antibiotics for 10days. Then I had trouble breathing and they had to put me on a steroid inhaler. Didn't get better so they doubled the dose. Then the ra flared and they were thinking of having me admitted to hospital for IV steroids. My rheumatologist decided not to because it might cause worse problems with my breathing so they decided to double the prednisone for a week and then titre me back down. so it isn't a good time. My body is so tired and I am tired just trying to breathe. I am concerned because this is only Oct. and it has already been over a month. Oh well a day or step at a time. You all are great. Take care.
    Cath
  2. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am so sorry you are still having so much to deal with. I can remember one year being like that for me and it was just awful so I can really sympathize. I ended up having sinus surgery and they found staff infection in my sinuses and that is probably why I was so sick for so long and they didn't even know the cause until the surgery. My doc saw me to tell me the news and he said in his own words I don't know what the *ell we are going to do because this staff is resistant to all anitbiotics. I went home that day truly thinking I would end up dying. They consulted with an infectious disease doc and found a simple antibiotic that did work and I finally got well. Why did God allow all of this? I guess that is the million dollar question we ask in times like these and there is just not an answer but simply to trust Him in all things. I know it is not simple when you are going through this. It is very hard. I pray that your sickness ends now either by a miraculous touch from the Lord or through the doctor's wisdom. I will keep praying Cath. Hang in there.

Love,
    Nancy
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Thanks for your advice. I have to check my docs re the garlic. I am on blood thinners and blood pressure pills. This gets so complicatted. But I will keep pressing on.
    Once again thanks.
    Cath
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

Thanks so much for your post. You really know how to encourage me. It is 2 years ago that I just about died for the 2nd time. I get so frustrated because I have one good day every once in a while and then it is a whole pile back. I have to just literally take it a step at a time which is extremely difficult for a type A person. I quit trying to figure it out years ago. I believe that when we get sick there is a spiritual check list to go through. Then once you have done that and it isn't any one of those then I just have to trust that I am exactly where God wants me even though I don't understand it. He has promised to go with us through everything and that is what I am clinging to. It is so great being a part of this board to know that others are praying as you know there are days when you can't pray for yourself or others and God in His love and mercy raises up people like you and De for which I am so thankful. Again thanks and God Bless.
    Cath
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

Thanks for your input. It is so frustrating. It is such a big misunderstood area natural medicines. I have enough trouble trying to talk to them about traditional medicine. I wish the government would regulate alternative medicines. I don't believe it all but for some of it I am keeping an open mind. The other issue is the cost of these medicines. Oh well that is my soap box and I could go on and on. Oh yeah I will have to check I am on mtx there are some serious drug interactions with some antibiotics. Give me a break!!! Again thanks for your time and concern.
    Cath
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Do you know I woke up this morning with your words from your 'inspirational post' in my mind. It felt like a benediction to me - what was lingering in my thoughts was the sense that you wrote about, that God would be proud of us. It really lifted me up and gave me a spiritual boost.

It amazes me that in this very dire and difficult infectious illness that you are fighting, along with your other DD's, you could so use your gifts!

I think this has become your 'mission field'. I know that I receive strength and wisdom from what you write here! And we all surely need it, with all the many struggles that we need to deal with.

I don't have any wise medical advice to give, but I can continue to pray for you. Your illness has been so much on my mind.

I'm glad you're here, Cath! I'm thankful for your presence, for who you are.

Will keep praying!
    Love, Judy
  7. caffey

caffey New Member

For your post and your confirmation. Someone else on this board said the same thing about this being my mission field. I am the queen of pity parties and I have been having a great one lately. I have been asking the Lord why I am even here. This gives me comfort and I consider it an honor to getting to know you. God is so proud of each one of us. The problem is we have been handed so much religious drivel about how God does like little girls when they are bad. Then we went to church and told that we were dirty rotten scummy sinners and we had better get it together or we would end up in hell or we would face God's wrath and judgement. The first time about 10 years ago a guest speaker at church came up to me and told me that God was proud of me I stood there and cried. I had never heard that before and it started me on a journey that has forever changed my life. I was listening Joel Osteen yesterday and he was talking about how we need to start speaking psoitive things over each other. That is something I want to try and do. So I said all this to say that I appreciate you and you taking the time out of your schedule to pray for me and the words of encouragement you have given me. Take care of yourself and God Bless you.
    Cath
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

When I first woke up this morning, you were on my mind to pray for again. The Lord sure has placed you there! I really hope, Cath, that you will follow the preacher's words that you heard yesterday about speaking positively.

We need it so much here. I think we have so much guilt over being sick, not able to do much, being a burden, etc. It leaches out our strength and joy and peace. So, when I heard you say that God is so proud of each one of us, boy did it lift off burdens. And brought me such a sweet feeling of peace. And that I was okay as I was, and had done well.

Yesterday I wanted to write to you also, from your bio. that you ARE "teaching/preaching" right here. I felt that from when you first came here that your words were very balanced, and sturdy.

Your body is so sick, but your 'voice', your 'words' are healthy and medicine for others.

Don't worry about the pity-party. I don't really trust people who never share their pain, or struggles. I can't believe they're quite real.

Have you ever read anything by Amy Carmichael, the missionary? Her one book (brain fog settling in :). I think it's 'Rose from Briar' but have to look it up.

She was doing great work in the mission field, saving endangered children, when one night during a rescue mission, in the dark she fell into a deep whole, and damaged her back, and was in great pain after that.

She came to believe that God had not retired her as a soldier of the Lord, as so many believed, but placed her in a different position on the field.

The words that she scribbled when she could, became for me the most important, understanding words on chronic illness.
    Totally real! It helped me more than anything else in my struggles with my own illness.

Well, have to go get something to eat now.
    Still praying for you!

May God strengthen you, and bring you inspiration.
    Love, Judy
  9. caffey

caffey New Member

Judy you are such a wonderful person. You make me cry. My mission statement on my bio is a real faith in a real God in a real world. I am so tired of this religious drivel that doesn't work. It was a real lightbulb moment for me when I was reading about Satan going to the Lord about wanting to test Job. I realized that nothing rouches my life, good, bad or indifferent without it first passing through God's hand. I don't get it or understand it but I have to believe by faith that we are exactly in the centre of God's will for our lives or if we weren't we wouldn't be here. I have also been thinking of when Job's buddies came and just sat with him for 7 days and didn't say anything when he was grieving. That sometimes there aren't any words. There is a relationship with the Lord that comes out of suffering that others cannot understand and that there are times when He comes in the middle of the night and ministers to you. You know what I mean. These are precious times that cannot be shared with any one and I wouldn't trade those for anything. You are doing great and I believe you are starting a new wonderful journey with Him. Blessings on you.
    Cath
  10. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

You have especially been on my heart this morning. I have prayed that God would breathe his breath of healing into your lungs and that you will snap out of this illness. Got to run but thinking about you.

Love,
    Nancy
  11. caffey

caffey New Member

Blessings on you. Take care of yourself.
    Cath