Bandwoman

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Nov 1, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

I have been praying for you with your preparation for the concert and doing report cards. This must be an incredibly busy week. I hope that you are doing okay.

Just wondering when the concert is. I want you to know that I am prayin', prayin', prayin'. :)

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  2. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am not sure if you will see this now but I just got up from trying to sleep and I have a furious headache. I have had this off an on for a couple of weeks. I think it is either TMJ related or just my really bad neck. I would appreciate your prayers as I am so tired. I have been up since 3:50 this morning because of an early meeting and I am just wiped out. I had an IV tonight. I have them every other week. I had been doing pretty well considering the high stress time that I am in. My concert is Wed. Nov. 8 and I have had double rehearsals this week because I lost several rehearsals due to assemblies etc. I had to cut one piece from the concert because of that. I was really worried going into this week how the kids were going to pull this off but we have worked out some of the tough spots and now I think they should do very well if they keep their wits and not panic. Thanks for asking. I haven't been on the board tonight until now as I am just exhausted. How are things for you? I am still prayin, prayin, prayin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care my friend. Please pray I can get back to sleep. Thanks. Give me an update on the job situation when you can.

Love,
    Nancy
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

I am glad that I came back on the board tonight! I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time. I am lifting you up in prayer asking for relief from that terrible headache and praying that you get a good sleep.

I will continue to pray that your practices go well for the concert on Nov. 8.

No news on the job front at the moment.

Praying for you tonight, friend.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  4. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

The Lord honored your prayers because I was able to get to sleep finally. I woke up feeling really wiped out and I could feel the headache still but not as bad. After eating breakfast I was feeling really nauseated and there was no way I could not go to school today as this is the day I had to run off my report cards and then attach a letter to them. I have 85 just at my elementary school alone so after I eat now (wolfing down my salad)I will begin the attaching part. Then I will start on my junior high reports tomorrow. They are due later but the elementary I have to get to the teachers on Friday. What a mad rush everything is right now. I had a tough morning. In my class that just left I had a autistic like boy go beserk on me and he kept hitting himself in the head really hard. I was scared to death he was going to kill himself. It was all over something trivial but to him it was the end of the world. I had to go run for some help and I couldn't find anyone. I had two boys who are a handful that were left alone. Needless to say it has been a tense morning. I was finally able to find some help. I think everyone was in a staffing or something. This will be my 34th year of teaching.The times I have had to call for help I could count on one hand. I can usually handle most situations but this boy needed some one on one and obvioulsy that can't happen when other students are there for a lesson. One of the boys was practicing taps for our Veteran's Day assembly next week so it has just been nuts. I would really appreciate your continued prayers. I have report cards, a concert and parent teacher conferences next week. Could we add any more to the load. LOL I will come up for air next weekend. Ha. I am still praying for you and your situation every morning. Take care and let's continute to lift each other up. There is great comfort and power in that. Take care.

Love,
    Nancy
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

I prayed and prayed for you last night, Nancy. I am so happy that God listened and helped you to sleep.

My goodness, what a morning you had! We must be about the same age since this would have been my 38th yr of teaching. Okay, so I'm a little bit older. LOL

Having a child like that in your class must be so trying.

The band concert, report cards and parent teacher conferences! I am exhausted just thinking about it all. I will continue to pray that you have the strength and energy to get you through all this. And that the darn headache goes away completely!

Praying for you, my friend.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  6. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Thanks for your prayers. I really appreciate them. My headache is gone at the moment and I am SO thankful. It was one of those killer ones. This afternoon the kids were just off the wall. I think it must be the Halloween candy or the season in general. We have parent conferences and teacher instiutes next Thursday and Friday and the kids have no school both of those days so they are getting in that before vacation mode. This has just been one of those days. I am sure you can relate. Do you get Joyce Meyers in Canada? Do you know who she is? She had such a good message the other day on stepping out in faith. She said God gives us grace only when we need it but to receive it we must first take that step of faith. She talked about the Israelites taking the step of faith when the Red Sea parted. It was just really good and it reminded me of so many of you on this board that are waiting on the Lord to provide and are mentally taking steps of faith in believing that He will provide. I can't wait to see how the Lord will answer in all of these situations. I hope it will be in such a way that the God will get all the glory. You take care and I appreciate your friendship.

Love,
    Nancy