BANDWOMAN

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caffey, Nov 30, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi Nancy: Oh man! You sound like you need to stop the world and get off for a while. Sending you a big hug {{{ }}}. I don't even begin to understand all that stuff with computers but it sounds awful. I thought they were supposed to make our lives easier. Yeah right. Did you get a snow day? It is pouring rain and windy. They say the temp is just at the point where if it drops 1 degree we could be in for freezing rain or snow. It is weird. If I drive 2 lights south it is raining and if I go 3 lights north it is freezing rain and if I go another 3 lights north it is snowing. My girlfriend lives 3 lights north so it is freezing rain but she is 5 miles east and they don't get anything. Weird city I live in. Please try and not get overwhelmed thinking about all the work you have to do easier said than done. How is your body holding up? When I am done here I am going to give kitty some treats and then curl up in my recliner and pray for you all for a while ( which probably won't be long as I usually fall asleep) the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. It is a good thing that God knows our hearts. Romans 8:26 gives me such comfort. Anyways it sounds like you have go good deal with your snow blower. For me I just sit with my tea and look out my condo window and watch them plow. Take care and remember to holler for help. Love and appreciate you so much. Stay warm.
    Love ya
    Cath
  2. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

How are you doing today? I think I read you were going to have a pity party but missed it. Is that right? LOL
    I think I could use one of those now. Ha. I am not feeling too great today and not sure why.

I got up at 4:20 this am and did all my usual and was all dressed waiting to see if I would get THE CALL and no call. I looked at our school district website and it said no school today. I wasn't jumping up and down as I am sure most teachers and students were. I had so much to do by Monday and also to get my computer issue resolved. Oh well.

I did a load of laundry and slept in my recliner for the rest of the morning and woke up with a killer headache.

I just now hear a snowblower. YIPPEEEE It is my neighbor doing my drive. The snow is soooooo wet some this morning were saying that the snowblowers weren't working correctly. So I am so thankful.

I got out this afternoon because I thought coffee would help my head. I floored my new car(to me anyway)and I made it out to the street. The streets are plowed now and the sun is shining brightly. Go figure. This morning was a blizzard with ice, snow and even thunder and lightning. What a strange day.

I ate out and had some coffee and the headache went away. I decided since I was out I would go out of town and get my stuff to juice. I really have missed that. I knew they were all major roads and would be plowed and it was ok. I saw some of that wheat grass for sale. Oh my gosh. The cut stuff for just a little bag as almost $18. That had little squares growing and they were under $4 but not much to them. Maybe I can grow my own. UMMMMM Is that illegal. LOL

I got stuck in my drive coming back. We have lots of snow. Not sure how much yet. Some got 15inces. I think we probably are around 7-8 maybe. With the blowing it made things worse. I finally made it back in my garage without running into my kitchen wall. LOL

My mom has been without power since last night. She lives three hours south of me and they got most of the ice storm and little snow. Much of the city is without power. She can't even get out of her drive for all the downed branches etc. She couldn't find any matches to light candles and found one finally that would work.

I sure wish I lived closer. She does have a gas heater in the basement and that has made it bearable but still very cold for her. She needs prayers that her power will come back soon.

How are you feeling today. Let me know when you want to chat. I have done that on the sinusistis board and it was pretty quiet in there. I don't have as much info for you yet as I would like regarding the info from my myotherapist.

Is kitty keeping you company? Mindy was knowing that something weird was up today since my routine was drastically altered. Ha. She is such a creature of habit. Is your cat that way too?

I will check this later and see what is going to happen.

Talk later.

Love,
    Nancy
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

What a day you had!!! I am exhausted reading it. I am fortunate we just got rain. I got a post from Pepper and they got freezing rain. Please Lord let the power come on to those who need it. I am glad to hear that you were able to sleep in your recliner. You probably need the rest. Do you get paid when it is a snow day? I was praying for you this morning. I won't tell if you grow your own wheat grass. Why don't you send me the info you have and I'll get the rest later. It will probably take me a while to sort it out. So if you want to chat on Sat. 4:00am is good I am usually awake. Only kidding lol. Seriously if want to chat on Sat. I am free until about noon my time which is about 11 your time right? or I am free after 7:00pm my time. My son is coming up for a few hours tommorrow. Or I am free on Sunday. Whatever works for you. But if you are stressed and want to put it off I certainly understand. Oh yeah what board do you want to meet on? I know the fibro board gets pretty wild and the arthritis does sometimes but if you want those rooms we can try and figure out how to have a private chat. I must warn you that the last few times I have had a bit of trouble getting into the rooms. I have heard other complaints also. Don't know if it is a glitch in their program. It is now supper time so I will check before I go to bed around 9:30 or first thing in the morning around 8:00. ok? Kitty is definetely her own woman. At night most nights she sleeps on the bed until about 3 then she gets up and goes and sleeps under my walker. All I have to do is sit on the side of the bed and she starts wailing for treats. So I have to do that first thing. Then I have breakfast and take my pills at 5:30 and go back to bed for a few hours. Then she starts wailing again. Have you seen the commercial for temptations cat treats? that is her, bouncing off the walls. Then she hops up on the counter in the solarium to see what kind of day it is. Right now she is curled up in MY recliner. We fight over it. Then about 7pm she lies in front of the tv and watches it for a while. It is so funny if the phone rings on the tv she is up like a rocket and sits by the door thinking someone is coming because they have to buzz up. It is funny when the telemarkets call because I always hang up on them. Then on Sat. she starts at about 1:45pm. I don't know how she knows the day or time and sits by the door waiting for my son who has a key. She is mad at him so I think she smells him and when he opens the door she disappears for hours. Just because he tried to put her in a cat carrier when I was in the hospital to take her to my girlfriend's. My goodness the wind is really blowing. The rain has stopped. I had better get the candles out just in case. I am feeling a bit better today. But then I had morphine after 1:00. I have to see the docs on Mon. So we will see what happens. I hate this prednisone. But what can you do? Well I feel like my sugar is starting to drop so I had better go and eat. Take care and looking forward to chatting. Praying for you.
    Love ya
    Cath
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

You had quite a day. Sorry so many deadlines. Keep the snow. Praise for snow blowers and good neighbors!
  5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I was hoping to chat tonight but it sounds like you will be in bed soon. I have a call to make which might determine my availability for tomorrow. One of by best friends is turning 94 and I want to take her out to lunch tomorrow and was going to call her tonight. Maybe we can plan the after 7:00 pm. I was assuming you meant on Sat but not sure. I have to get it through my head that it is an hour later for you than me. I think I understood that.

We don't get paid for the days we don't work but we are salaried and get paid every other week no matter what. We will have to make this day up so I am never thrilled about them anyway. I don't know where this day went. I did get some stuff done that I would usually have to do on Sat. so that is good. I have one more load of laundry and will have that done. I mentioned someplace, not sure where that chatting in the sinusitis room has worked for me before. No one on for quite a while on a Sat morning before. If you can let me know tonight if that will work then we can just plan on a specific time and I will work around that.

I am going to go call my friend now and if it doesn't work for her for tomorrow then I might be available in the am. I will check this again after talking to her.

Hope you are feeling somewhat better. Talk later.

Love
    Nancy

6. caffey

caffey New Member

I hope you get this our power just went out and we have it but not across the street. Got my randy dandy flashlight beside me and kitty is freaking because it tripped the smoke detector. My dad has alzheimers and he is coming to town for a few minutes in the morning.It is such a process when talking to him. So if it is ok with you lets do tommorrow night at 7. Now is that your time or my time. Which is better. And you said the sinusitis room? Please confirm with me sometime tommorrow. Thanks a million. We tried a chat once with the west coast and your and my time zone. It turned out only 2 of us showed up but trying to figure it out was wild. Could be worse there is someone on one of the boards from Australia. Talk to you sometime tommorrow.
    Love ya
    Cath
  7. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

How about 7:15 your time. You said my time was an hour earlier and I don't have a clue. Soooooooooooo if you find out for sure let me know. I will be the sinusitis room at 6:15 my time and hopefully 7:15 your time. If you find out that is incorrect let me know.

I am taking my 94 year old friend out so have to get hopping as I am running late. Talk later.

Love,
    Nancy
  8. caffey

caffey New Member

It is 1:30 my time and my son hasn't arrived. He srrives on his own time table. Could we meet at 7:15 your time? I'll be there and if you can't make it I understand. Again I am sorry.
    Love ya
    Cath
  9. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

8:15 your time 7:15 my time. That works. I may need to be sort of short as I will still have to do my grocery shopping yet. I have been running around like a crazy woman all day. Millie and I had a good lunch. It was very scary trying to maneuver her with her walker and all the ice. We finally made it after going to two different restaurants. We ended up having three other people plus me trying to get her out of the car. People are so nice and helpful. We had a good time.

I need to go juice quickly and figure out dinner and hopefully rest a bit as I am really tired. Hope your son makes it to your place. Thanks for sending Millie the birthday wish. She gets very emotional and I know she will cry when she sees them. Thanks again. Unless I hear otherwise we'll try the sinusitis room. See ya.

Love,
    Nancy