Bandwoman

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by morningsonshine, Mar 15, 2007.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Nancy,

How are you doing?? Any new updates on your Insurance or IV's??

Been thinking of you,

Praying that you have the strengh you need, keep trusting, heard anything more from your miracle man?

Hugs,
    Misty

P.S. Can i have your cat?? He looks just peachy!
  2. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Thank you so much for asking about me. That means a lot to me. It has just been a very busy time and I am worn out. I have survived the hardest part of the year so far. The insurance thing has been so draining.

I spent most of Saturday afternoon last week writing my letter of appeal regarding the IV's. I was in a real time crunch because of some legal aspects of my flex medical account. I had my last IV this Wed. This was the last of two that my miracle man from church paid for. I didn't go to church last Sunday as I was just beyond wiped out so I didn't get to talk to him of the latest saga in my insurance woes.

The insurance stopped all my chiro and muscle therapy last week as well. That was totally devasting to me. I do have some good news in all of this. I talked to my chiro on the phone regarding the letter I got from the insurance regarding his services and he sounded rather confident and optimistic that he could work this out with them. He said it may take 60 days. I just winced when he said that.

He said because I have been a patient of his for so long (11 or more years) he would treat me for free until this thing is resolved. I was of course thrilled with that.

I saw him tonight for the first time in two weeks. We talked for a long time. He was not so confident tonight. He said it is going to be a hard sell to convince them that this is supportive care and not maintenance. Supportive care would mean that without the treatments I would get worse. (Of course I will) However convincing the insurance of that is going to be difficult. He even mentioned a law suit. I am NOT going there.

There are several bus drivers from our school district who see him and have my same insurance and they all got the same letters and they are not seeing him now either.

At this point I can hope that the employees get so ticked off at this new insurance that they have a revolt. I just don't know how widespread these issues are though and really have no way of knowing.

I read where you are having a hard time as well. I think when spring gets here it is going to be like medicine to many of us. We have had such see saw weather this week that no wonder we are having problems. I know you are farther north but I bet you have had such strange winter as well. I think the whole country has.

My cat is actually a girl. Mindy turned sweet 16 just a few months ago. She is my baby. She is a blue point Himilayan. Her parents and grand parents were champions and grand champions in the show cat world.

I had been in my rabbit phase and had just bought another dwarf rabbit. (I only had one at a time.) I know you raised rabbits I remember. I saw Mindy at a pet store and absolutely fell in love with her. I had no intention of getting a cat even though I loved cats and grew up with them. Her price tag 16 years ago was $500. Yikes. You know I had to love her to pay that.LOL

She has been worth every penny of it too. I thought I might show her but she is scared to death of her own shadow so forget that idea quickly.

I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. It must be very hard to feel bad and have a family to take care of. I have just Mindy and she is easy. Of course my job makes my life really difficult. If my rich knight in shining armour would just show up about now. I would take even tarnished armour at this point. LOL

You take care and I will continue to pray for you.

Love,
    Nancy
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I hope you don't mind my dropping in, but I think that if you and the bus drivers did complain, loud and long, that maybe they would reconsider the chiropractor treatments. I think your chiro is a very understanding person and he sounds like one in a million! I will pray that you can continue your treatments and that insurance will pay.
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I wish your dang union was doing a better job, you have to feel like the only sail boat in the fleet. Hang in. You are not forgotten in prayer.
  5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I think I now know why the union president appeared to be not paying attention to my email. We are in the process of secret contract negotiations to extent our contract. I can't go into details but with that knowledge I am cutting him a little slack in pretty much not reading my email.

As far as staging a revolt I think I need to first see the outcome of my appeal for the IV"s and then the chiro's appeal on my behalf for the chiro and muscle therapy.

I think I am going to need the power of prayer and a miracle on both counts. Yes, it is a total mystery to me why our own insurance book says nothing about any limits on chiropractic if the insurance can just decide when enough is enough.

I think right now my prayer request would be for me to try to see the big picture in all of this and not harbour any bitterness towards the ins co because that will be instant destruction in my body on top of what I am already feeling without these treatments.

I am still praying for the Lord to intervene somehow.

Thanks for your support and prayers. That is what is keeping me going at this point.

Love,
    Nancy
  6. morningsonshine

I want you to know that i did read this post. And all that you shared.

I have been having a diffult, painful month, and i just haven't been posting and responding to people much. But i've been here, silently.

I admire the fact that you remain teaching with this crud!
    And fighting your insurance company is no easy job.

However, i am glad your Chiro. is a great guy! I hope he follows thur with what he told you.

I pray that your heart remains open and soft, if your angry, cry out to the Lord. And who wouldn't experience anger in this situation. It's not the anger, it's what you do with it. If this continues to go farther, inlist others to help you, like those bus drivers.

Look for the hand of the Lord, He is with you. Your rich knight in shining armour is standing beside you, behind you, and in front of you, He carry's you in His arms.
    And he has ten thousand angels to send out on your behave.

Let me tell you, His armour shines so bright you can not even behold it's full glory from down here. The tarnish i think is in our eyes, believe me, i too have a hard time see too.
    I guess we will just have to be sisters of faith!

Your cat is a peach! At one time i too wanted a pointed Himilayan, but like you said they are very expensive!

If i lived alone and only had myself to take care of, i would have done what you did. But as a family of five on one income i couldn't.
    We love our rescue kitty, he is suppose to be a Manx, but looks and acts more like a maine coon cat.

Don't get me started on Bunnies! I love those adorable creatures, i think they feel and smell heavenly! I use to have a house bunny, a holland lop, and i would bury my nose in his fur alot, i swear he smelled like perfum. LOL

Hugs,
    Will pray for your mom, and you today.
    Misty
  7. morningsonshine

for bandwoman
  8. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am glad you did get to read my post. Sometimes it is hard to know if things have disappeared and people didn't see posts or not. I know the busier the board is the harder it is to keep track.

I am sorry you have been having a painful month. I am having more trouble with that today. We have been thrust back into winter and I think our bodies don't quite know how to react to all of this change.

I am doing some house work and laundry today at my mom's house before going to the hospital. I am taking a break as I am still not 100% yet. I thought she would come home today but now I am not sure. Her dr didn't come in this morning but it is his day off so we really don't know what is going to happen. She is so weak. I got light headed doing her stairs today and that makes me fearful of her coming home before she is ready.

I am getting nervous about knowing what to do. I need to be back to school for next week but if she comes home and is so weak then I am not sure what is going to happen.

My insurance fiasco has taken a back seat in all of this but today when I was really hurting I could feel the anger start to seep back into my brain.

I guess I can't deal with it right now and have too many pressing things here first. I will deal with it when I get back home.

Yes, I have a soft spot in my heart for bunnies. I go crazy even if I see them on TV esp. around Easter time.

I don't imagine I will have any more at this point in my life but it sure was fun having them the years I did.

My cat is 16 so I dread the inevitable there. Well I need to get back to work here. Take care and thanks for your prayers. I will be praying for you as I have so many bubble baths in the past. LOL

love,
    Nancy