"BANG" Secure Horizons pulls my plug NO MORE COVERAGE FOR DRUGS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by silkyblues, Sep 6, 2006.

1. silkyblues

silkyblues New Member

This is just too much! I am going along with my fibro and feeling worse but trying to hang in there.
    When.....Secure Horizons tells my husband that we both have ~~NO~~coverage at all for our drugs. What the heck is going on? They said that we have used up the drug part of our plan and now we have to pay full price.
    That would be about $400 each! We don't have it. So I guess that I have to slowly get myself off all my drugs. MS Contin, colesterol meds, antidepressant.
    How will I make it thru each day? I am so upset........This is crazy!
  2. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I'm not sure what to say. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now.

I don't know much information about this personally, but there is RxAssist, which is a prescription assistance "organization". It might be worth checking it out to see if they might be able to help.

Just a thought.....
    ((((hugs))))
    MrsJ
  3. survivalmode

survivalmode New Member

There are drug manufacturers that offer free or low cost drugs to people who have no prescription insurance. While you are researching this - talk to your doctor's office. Tell them that you have this temporary problem and ask for samples.

Did you exceed the lifetime maximum or will this renew at the annual plan start date? Or is this one of the Medicare Part D plans and you are in the donut hole?

Good Luck ~

If I can think of anything else I will let you know.

Hugs,
    Sandy
  4. silkyblues

silkyblues New Member

I will check into your ideas!
    Thank you!
    You both have a nice calming way about you.....really!
    I will be covered again in January 2007.
    HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN WITHOUT ANY ADVANCE WORNING? I AM JUST SO CRUSHED.........