Barbara!! I think and hope Ins. has paid for my skooter!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosesark, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Rosesark

Rosesark New Member

Hi Barbara, i think and i am afraid to hope that my insurance has paid for a skooter for me. I got a prescription from my primary for a wheelchair. When i took it to the medical supply store, the lady asked if i had neuropathy, and when i said yes, she said she could tell by the way i was walking, and that they get a lot of those people there. Anyway, we talked and she asked if i had thought about a skooter, and i said, Yes, Yes, Yes. She said that if my doc wrote on the prescription that i had neuropathy along with the fibro (he only put fibro) that my insurance would pay for a skooter, as i had already met all my deductables and out of pocket expenses. This felt too good to be true, but, after my husband got home, we went back and they showed me the ones in the catalog that my ins. would pay for. They were the cheaper 3 wheeled kind, but i will take anything. She said some insurance companies are more leanenient with paying for one especially with neuropathy. So i found one i could live with and they said it would be in in about a week. I am worried that the insurance company will change its mind or refuse it. I am afraid to hope i will really get one. I guess they work with enough insurance companies to know, but you know when something feels too good to be true?? I am trying to just believe it when i get it so that i won't be dissappointed. Anyway, just wanted to let you know, that maybe, just maybe my prayers will be answered. Rose Morgan
  2. teach6

teach6 New Member

Rose, that is such great news! Thanks for sharing that info. My neuropathy is very minor and the main reason I have a scooter is for my NMH, but I'll try to keep that filed in the back of my mind in case it gets worse and I need to replace mine. I'm hoping the one I have will last a long time! I do take good care of it and keep it out of the rain, which is falling today. :(

Thanks for sharing this. Perhaps someone else will read it and also benefit from it.

Barbara