Barefoot Science Foot Inserts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by coolma, Nov 21, 2010.

1. coolma

coolma New Member

Barefoot Science Foot Inserts solve alot of the pain of P.F> and fibro....available online, I found them through Pro Therapy
    [This Message was Edited on 11/23/2010]
  2. crickett

crickett New Member

Barefoot science. Could u please tell me did u start out with the basic inserts . I have seen them priced all the way up to 279.00 which is way over my budget please share any input. Thank you. Crickett

LEFTYGG Member

i shis info late one night. looked for iton lone and could neverfind it. so now im gonna check it out. if anything could help my foot pain i would be loving life. love gail
  4. coolma

coolma New Member

I just went online and they are what I paid for them $60.00. I paid no more than that.
    The site which sells them is ProTherapy Try that. I use the second set illustrated....which retails for $60 or so.
    They come with 4 or 5 gradiated rubber inserts. You start with the narrowest one first, inserted under the sole in the "hole" of the insert. As your foot gets used to it (they say a week or so per insert) you gradually go to the next insert, and on and on. After awhile, as the arch gets raised you will notice the pain of the Plantar F. Especially lessen. They are what cured my Plantar Fasiatis.
    As far as the regular fibro pain, I would not walk without these inserts. When I go without them, my feet really pain. I also wear geled insoles above them. Our feet are so over-sensitive especially in cold weather, it is very painful. This is the only way I can walk in these months.
    The regular orthotics, I have, but have to have a gel over them if I use them. They also raise the arch and stop over pronuncation of the foot (leaning over) which causes foot pain. BUT they are hard and they hurt people with fibro.
    If you have to, find a soft one. I see they are on the market now too.
    Tell me on this site if you still cannot find them. Barefoot Science
    Good luck!
  5. coolma

coolma New Member

Go on the Pro Therapy site under Barefoot Science Foot Inserts. You will see a whole page dedicated to these inserts. I purchased the middle one, price ranged in the 60+ range and they are worth every penny.
    You start with the smallest insert, under the sole of the shoe insert there is a hole where you place the smallest rubber circle first. They tell you exactly how to use them. After about 2 weeks, you move up and put in the next largest rubber insert in, removing the first one. It gradually lifts your arch and by the end you are using the largest insert and have raised your arch and lessened the pain in your feet, especially heel ligament inflammation. It is the cause of Plantar Fasiatis. These also lessen the fibro pain. I wear a gel sole on top of this shoe insert when I walk my dog or go shopping. I must wear the inserts even in my slippers. I have just shifted the pair of inserts from shoe to shoe as I wear them. They will help. Also, a cold pak after walking to lessen the nerve pain helps too!