Barometric Pressure Change

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joisey, Aug 20, 2005.

1. joisey

joisey New Member

Does anyone get migraine headaches when the barometric pressure changes? Before a storm or change in weather pattern? If so, what medicine do you take? I get migraines during these times and seems to be worse now with FMS. This whole week was a wipe-out!
  2. abbylee

abbylee New Member

In fact, she has the results of a study that proves that barometric pressure changes can, indeed, cause a migraine headache. If you ask me barometric pressure changes affect fibromyalgia pain, too.

abbylee
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I never used to have headaches but now, along with the fibro pain, everything seems to be worse before a weather front.

Humid weather is also a killer for me.

Regards,

Eileen
  4. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

because the damp cold front moved into the Pacific Northwest and Friday was a full moon. Sometimes I think the moon pulls all the water in my brain to one side or the other and makes a killer headache behind my right eye. A high tide migraine.

Francie
  5. Megumi

Megumi New Member

I also experience this when I am in an airplane that is taking off or landing at a steep angle. One time on landing, my muscles began to contract so much that I was curling up in a grotesque way. Freaked out the lady sitting next to me!!! All I could do was smile at her and tell her "this too shall pass."

As for any relief from it? I have found taking a half of a sleep-eze medication (my form of flexirl) relaxes the muscle contractions enough so that the nerves aren't as affected. That helps a bit, sometimes to where 2 or 3 ibuprophen will work to take the edge off the pain.

Hope this helps to let you know that you aren't alone.

Megumi

6. jc2jd

jc2jd New Member

Yes, my symptoms worsen during weather changes. I combat the migraines with a "cocktail" of Imitrex, 2 50 MG of tramadol and 2 tylenol. The majority of the time this will take it away. Good luck!!!