barrowinnovations ? about catalase

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ruby711, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Hi Barrowinnovations,

I have cfs and my research is constantly interrupted for months at a time due to some incapacitating health issue.I took time out to reestablish my intestinal health which is presently very much improved.

I recently read some of your posts which are very interesting to me. I came across the info on catalase and SOD and it said that they can not be bought in pure form. I am wondering if when I find these ingredients listed on the labels of products whether they can actually be utilized by the body or whether I need to get their precursors. Nutriclear does not have SOD or catalase in it, but some of the other products do.
    ruby
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

Yes, I think they probably mean precursors, really. You said "I am wondering if when I find these ingredients listed on the labels of products whether they can actually be utilized by the body or whether I need to get their precursors" - I think that they say the ingredients are the catalase and SOD, but they also say vegetable culture, so I'm thinking they are showing the amount of enzymes your body will make with that serving size of precursors which is the vegetable culture. I'm not exactly clear on that myself, that's just what I'm guessing. Since everything is making me better, I'm not questioning it.

The precursors are things in certain plants and sprouts that the body will readily use to make the catalase and SOD. I know when I tried those biotec sprout pills that first time, I perked up within an hour of taking them. Before that day, I was pooped out by 9 every night, and would take a while to wake up in the mornings, like at least an hour or two. Only after an hour or two could I get on my computer and start reading in the mornings. Any earlier would literally "hurt" my brain.

But since that afternoon that I started taking them, I've been able to stay up late at night, like 11 or more if I want. And I can get up very early, like 6 or 7, and get right on the computer if I want. Very strange, like my brain was full of the free radicals or something. They seemed to perk up my body AND my brain. My thinking is much clearer now. But I'm still having memory problems.

And then, after using the maximum dose of pills for about 10 days, I had to back off because they made me feel strange if I took them too early. Then I only took like one or two per day. Now I'm using the granules, which taste awful but aren't too bad with a straw, and I'm still improving.

The sprout pills were great, but everything was much greater after treating the guts and digestion. They were the most severe problems keeping me ill. Even the right supplements can only take you so far if the guts are a mess.

karen