Barrowinnovations CoQ10 question.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chootik, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Hi There.

Hope you're doing well.

I'm not doing so well. The last few days I'm having really bad palps. I really want to figure this thing out.

I went to get the CoQ10 that you had suggested, but couldn't really find one that's oil based.

Is liquid CoQ10 the same as oil based one?

Where do you get yours from?

If you get a chance, please let me know. I have to start this stuff soon, or I'll be going out of my mind!!

Thanks,

chootik
  2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Hi Chootik,

I know this message is for Karen but I still would like to give you my input.

I too was having a lot of heart palpitations and some other scary heart episodes (sometimes racing and sometimes feeling like it was hardly beating and might stop). I saw a cardiologist and had lots of tests done and they said my heart is fine.

Well them saying it was fine didn't stop my heart issues. SO I bought some CoQ10 and it has really helped. I may have gotten a couple of palps if any (don't remember so that is good) over the two months I was taking the CoQ10 and when I ran out for a couple of weeks I was getting a lot of them again. So I went out and got more and seem to be back on track.

I am taking 100mg gel caps. I got my first ones from the vitamin shoppe (their store brand) and the ones I just bought this time are the GNC brand.

They seem to be working VERY well for me. My problems have pretty much stopped since taking this.

Hope you get some relief!

Take Care,
    Pam
  3. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Pam no problem. I really appreaciate your input.

I have MVP and it's been about 1 year of off but mostly on Palps.

I specially get them when I have a FULL BLADDER and at nights. Did this ever happen to you?? It's been just a total nightmare, I can't wait to get this over with.

My doc seems to think it's from Endotoxins bothering my nervs. I don't know how CoQ10 will help that.. but if it has helped so many people then I want to get on them too!

I did see gel caps when I was at the Vitamin store but didnt' get them because I wasn't sure if that's what Karen was referring to.

I hope she sees the post and replies.

If not, I'll just get the gel caps you suggested and hope for some relief.

Thanks again hon:)
    Maryam
  4. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I am sure Karen will respond too. I had been getting lots of palps and heart issues since Sept 06. I didn't have them with the full bladder like you but I did get a lot of problems at night.

I got heart palps any time of day but at night is when I would get some of my scary episodes with my heart racing or my heart feeling like it was hardly beating and going to stop. I also got some heart palps at night too.

The cardiologist did say that I have a very slight mitral valve redundancy but I it is not enough diagnose me with MVP. He said it was so slight and insignificant. He thinks it will go away. He wants me to have it checked again in a couple of years to be sure but he thinks it will no longer be there.

Not sure if that is what was causing my heart issues or not. But the CoQ10 has really helped. I am also taking 400mg of Magnesium Glycinate. The cardiologist recomended that.

So you may want to consider magnesium as well but I know it is the CoQ10 that is making the difference since when I ran out my problems started coming back right away.

Good Luck!
    Pam
  5. Catseye

Catseye Member

Hi, looks like you already got good advice! I got the idea for the oil-based gel caps because I've read that coq10 is not so easily absorbed by the body unless it's taken with fat and that the oil based gel caps are the best. This goes for B vitamins, too, they're better absorbed when eaten with a meal containing fat. I used to use powder coq10 capsules, but really noticed a difference when I started with the gel caps. I think as long as it's a gel cap and not a capsule and you take it with a fish oil pill or some fatty food, it should do fine. Just make sure it's a good brand, not something that's for sale cheap. It is expensive. The only way I can afford all my supps is to get them from vitacost.

I'm actually kind of tired today. I had to give up a few foods and supps to do the organic acid metabolic test I did this weekend. I'm hoping I'll get some insight to what metabolic systems are still messed up. I'll be posting about it when I get my results.

And pw7575 is right about magnesium. The minerals that are mostly resonsible for the heart beating smoothly are magnesium, calcium and potassium. You want to make sure you get enough of each. Magnesium glycinate, taurate and malate are good. Magnesium oxide is BAD, don't bother with it. It's used in laxatives because it doesn't get absorbed, it passes right through you. Krebs cycle chelates is my mineral supplement. It cut out my palps and racing heart. It's got chelated minerals, even extra special! And not too expensive, either. The minerals are chelated to Krebs cycle organic acids, the ones your body uses to make energy.

Between the different magnesium supps I take, I'm probably getting about 600-800 mg of mag every day.

good luck!

karen
  6. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Thank you so much for responding.

As always, you are very helpfull :)

I will go out today to the Vitamin Store and get the CoQ10.

As for the Mag. Calcium and Potassium, I'm taking an Electrolyte drink and am wondering if that's enough or should I supplement additionally with the Mag, Calcium and Potassium?

I guess I can try and see what happens. I've already got the L-Carnitine. I guess I'll get the CoQ10 and I'll start to see what changes I notice.

Thanks ladies again for your help.

I'll keep you posted.

Hugs.
    Maryam
  7. Catseye

Catseye Member

The electrolyte drinks don't usually have enough for daily needs of calcium, magnesium OR potassium. But since potassium is quite common in foods, most people can get away with not supplementing it. Magnesium is needed for over 300 metabolic processes in the body, so I definitely wouldn't skimp there. And unless you consume alot of calcium containing foods, you probably need it, too.
    Definitely don't rely on just the electrolyte solution. Mine only has 6% of calcium, 6% of potassium and 27% of magnesium RDAs. So it's just a quick fix for when you're low or to increase your blood volume.

good luck!

karen
  8. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Thanks.

I'll def. go get more calcium too!

Pretty soon I'll have the whole Vitamin Store in my house! he he.

By the way, I just got test results and it seems I'm a little low on RED BLOOD CELLS!

I guess this explains why I've been having all the palps lately and shortness of breath lately!

Do you know why we get the Low Red Blood Cells? What
    s killing our Blood?

Do you think that the heart isn't pumping as good and that's the reason for the low Blood Volume?

I'm just so tired of this honestly. I just want to get back to normal.. do you think that day will EVER come???

Thanks ):
    M.
  9. Catseye

Catseye Member

The low blood volume was easy to fix after I found this article by Cheney. He explains it in detail and what to do about it:

http://cheneyoncfids.blogspot.com/2006/05/cardiomyopathy.html

It's easy and I got results immediately. You basically need some minerals and there are breathing exercises to help increase oxygen transfer. These techniques work remarkable well and fast.

As for the red blood cells, you may want to consider supplementing with the nutrients responsible for their formation:

vitamin B6
    vitamin B12
    folate (B9)
    riboflavin (B2)
    vitamin E

I get a good tocopherol vitamin E. I take these everyday among alot of other things. You can look at my "what worked for me" on page 3 and see where I try to list all the problems we're having and what to do about them. Most of the recommendations I got from Dr. Cheney and Dr. Teitelbaum. There protocols are here, but Cheney's has alot more explanations about what problems we're having and why and how to correct them.

Cheney's protocol:

http://membres.lycos.fr/chrisdel2/association/cheney/cheneyII3.html

Teitelbaum's protocol:

http://www.immunesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/ID/3346/T/CFIDS_FM/searchtext/teitelbaum%20protocol

Cheney's is very long, but it will tell you alot about what is going on in your body and what to do about it. I wish I had seen it 4 years ago. As far as I'm concerned, his protocol is the cfs bible. We can get back to normal, but we have to figure out what metabolites we're lacking in. I just finished an organic acid metabolic profile test and a complete hormone panel and I'll be posting about the results when I get them.

good luck!

karen