Barry and Heather

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by jarjar, May 26, 2006.

1. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I left suggestions for Lyme docs for both of you in your threads.

jar
    [This Message was Edited on 05/27/2006]
  2. heathnicole

heathnicole New Member

THANKS SO VERY MUCH :)
  3. bct

bct Active Member

Thank you very much for your doc. suggestion. You are correct in that Dr. S no longer accepts new patients.

I have scouted around and just found someone closer to me (only 65 miles) who follows Dr. S's protocols for Lyme. After this long weekend I'll get in touch and see if I can get an appt. with him ....... he is supposed to be good.

I'm very sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but the end of the week had me running (more like crawling actually) all over the place and left me totally exhausted and slightly febrile.

I took my dog to the vet. for her boosters (including Lyme), so I asked the vet about the incidence of Lyme in my area in canines. She said that she saw TONS of cases of it locally! She also told me that she felt that docs. under-reported or diagnosed it because it was so difficult to treat in humans!

It blows my mind that there is a vaccine for dogs but not for people, and it makes me angry with our govt. since it seems that Lyme HAS reached epidemic status, and that adequate funding for research and developement have been blocked.

Best Wishes to you
    and thanks again.

Barry
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Glad you found one closer. I just found out this weekend that Gingers long time nurse has quit so I'm not sure if she is even taking new patients at the moment.

jay