Bartonella treatments ???

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by lotusillusion, Jul 31, 2009.

1. lotusillusion

lotusillusion New Member

Hi Everyone.. I'm just wanting to compare treatments for Bartonella.. esp. length of treatment. Levaquin was the preferred choice, but I couldn't afford that one, so I'm on Cipro instead. I'm taking 500mg twice a day.. there's been no specific timeframe mentioned, so I'm trying to get a feel for the treatment "norms" out there. What meds and how long have others been treated?
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

you may get alot more responses by posting this question on lymenet.org's Medical Questions board.

It is a really busy lyme board with lots of intelligent people.

You probably have read Dr B's paper that includes discussion on bartonella, but in case you haven't, here is the link.....

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Hope you get the answers you are looking for.
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

that's a hard question to answer... symptoms overlap so much. My son did treatments for about a year... not sure what bugs are left but he still has symptoms of Lyme & co, tho it helped. Levaquin seemed to help him the most initially, but he couldn't continue it, and used cipro instead.

I think things are slow here because of the summer, last minute vacations and/or school starting... but lymenet is a 'devoted' site.

all the best,
    Victoria