"Basic Ingredients Relieve Constipation"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RedB, May 26, 2003.

1. RedB

RedB New Member

This is a recipe to relieve constipation that was in our newspaper.

It was in the column written by a doctor. From what I understand, it works! The Doc said he is not the author of the recipe, but if he knew who it was, he would give them full honors.

Mix together:

2 cups Miller's Bran (the kind found in health food stores)
    2 cups applesauce
    1 cup of prune juice, sweetened or unsweetened.

Refrigerate the concoction, and take 2 or 3 tablespoons twice a day. Feel free to add anything you want -- nuts, fruits, or your favorite spices, but don't omit the basic ingredients!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/26/2003]
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

and it works for her.

Cheers

Tansy
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

i've heard just the prune juice alone warmed, works great!(just a easier,cheaper thought~)Now if we can stomach the taste!!!yuk!
  4. healing

healing New Member

just to take magnesium capsules (remember MOM?). Try 240 mg. I stay regular with 120 mg every night, but I'm particularly sensitive to such thing. Just creep up the dosage until you get relief.
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I'm with Healing here, I take Pro Energy, and ZMA. Have not had a problem since.

I also take "Natural Calm" should I have big a problem, will go the next day like clock work!

Prune juice (which I like) does not help me. Apple Juice the same. But my daughter and husband can just drink either one of these juices and it works for them.

WE are all different, but I do swear by the magnesium.

Shalom, Shirl

6. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

I heard you can mix a small amount with about a cup of water and this will relieve constipation. It's made from Magnesium Sulfate.

Lane