Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Sep 22, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

i use this rice sometimes, the only ingedience is carbohydrate with 36g and 12% daily value, is that to much carbs.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

if you are trying to get rid of candida, this is probably not a good choice (carbs feed yeast)....if you are trying to find something that is easily digestible and not hard on your stomach, then it is a good choice....also if you eat it without some protein and/or fat, it will wreak havok with your blood sugar levels (rice does not have a lot of fiber to slow down absorption, so to the body, it is a lot like eating sugar)
  3. street129

street129 New Member

i've been eating it by itself, for about 4 days, and im feeling just awful. thanks everyone
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2009]
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

You can try Sushi rice. I use that one. It's a stickier, heavier white rice and I find I can eat it without problems.
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Do you have any books (or any online info or anything from your dr or any other decent source) that gives a good list of what foods and types of foods are ok to eat when you are trying to get rid of Candida? I am asking bc I know that you have been having such a hard time getting rid of it, and what you eat does make a very big difference when you are dealing with Candida.....However, I also know that from what you have said about your stomach issues, that would make it even more difficult to figure out what to eat, and I think that a lot of the foods that are ok for one problem are not so good for the other (and vice versa). That must make it very frustrating and difficult to figure out. That's why I was wondering about you getting a list of what's ok for you to eat.

Or, if you could get it covered by insurance, I would think that it would be a really good idea for you to try to meet with a nutritionist or a dietitian. He/she would know a lot about what foods would be safe for you to eat and would be able to help you make some meal plans.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Brown rice and basmati rice are not supposed to spike insulin as much as regular white rice does. I find the basmati delicious and when I do eat rice, that is what I usually eat--that or wild rice.

Love, Mikie
  7. street129

street129 New Member

i frequent the acid/alkaline website, to see what is alkaline, but other site has other things that confused me. i have this candida since april, but i started eating cake and other things that i should not have been eating, so it made things worst, as of july. i decided to stick with the right things to eat, i thought the india rice, was ok. like wild rice.

[This Message was Edited on 09/23/2009]
  8. street129

street129 New Member

I have candida since april of this year, i was doing good, but i feel off, and started cheating on the candida diet, i now realize that candida is no joke.

i thought i read somewhere that basmati rice is ok to eat, but i guess its not, i stop eating it. i use to buy wild rice, but stop that too.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so sorry you are not doing well. I think with any yeast infection, one has to be more careful with anything which will feed the infection, including carbs and anything fermented. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  10. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I agree that knowing what to eat/not to eat can be quite confusing and there is so much conflicting advice out there......and that is the case when one is not even dealing with all sorts of health issues....having those makes it even more difficult....that's why i suggested a dietitian or nutritionist....i realize that it might not be possible due to cost or just being too exhausted, sick,etc,but if it were at all possible, even for a couple of visits, that could be really helpful for you

i know that yrs ago i was thinking about becoming a nutritionist and had even taken college classes in nutrition and had done a ton of reading on the subject, and yet when I was trying to sort out some of my own eating habits, even with all that knowledge, it was tough.....I saw a nutritionist and it helped a lot
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

"The Yeast Connection," which is probably still in print. It is very comprehensive in recommending what to do with systemic yeast.

Love, Mikie
  12. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I just want to add that if you can get to your public library they should have books that explain what to eat and not eat for Candida. Check with the librarian as to where on the shelves you can find books about Candida.

Good luck.