Bay Area Support Group

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monicaz49, Mar 18, 2007.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Hello all

I just sent out the date for our first meeting.
    Hope you are able to make it.

If you dont receive an email notice it could be that i have the wrong email address for you..please write me again. Also, if you would like to be added or know someone that would like to be added pls let me know.

Thank you and see you soon.

Take care all!
    Monica
  2. kiten_deb

kiten_deb New Member

Hello, Monica, Where in the Bay Area will the support group be? I'm in San Leandro, ca. Thanks Debbie
  3. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Oh wow, I used to attend the support group at Marianna's house in Mt View. How can I find out more info about the support group. I live in Saratoga.

Thanks, Sean
  4. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

There is a support group in Hayward, that's pretty close to San Leandro. The contact info is listed at cfids.org
  5. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Since it's now past 2:00 I'll have to wait until the next support group meeting. Is Monica going to list this support group with the CFIDS association or Pro Health? They have an exstensive list of support groups across the country. How did everyone else hear about it and get contact info for this group? I realize it's not appropriate to just post personnal contact info on this board, however, I would love to attend the group.

Smiles, Sean

6. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Hi there

Cat003 mentioned in the support group that you were interested. Sorry I didnt see this posting earlier! Id love for you to make it to the next group meeting. There may be a couple other newbies then and hopefully those from today.

I need to get your email address so that I can include you on my group email list!

If you are online write back asap! Then we can meet briefly on the LIVE CHAT here.
  7. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Yeah I'll go in the chat room, but are you going to include your group info with the CFIDS association?
  8. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

im in the chatroom for a little bit.
  9. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

I cannot access the chat room right now, my browser isn't working right. Hopefully a solution will be solved and us Bay Area CFS/ME people will be able to get info on your support group. I used to attend Marianna's support group in Mt.View. I found her support group by going to the CFIDS association's website.
  10. Lichu3

Lichu3 New Member

I'm in fibromyalgia chat room and Monica is also in chat trying to find you to give you info.
  11. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Im back.
    Does Marianna still have a support group running? This was our first meeting..and I dont know about listing it in CFIDS org yet...i may do that soon but need to make sure i can keep up with things. My health fluctuates so much. Probably is a good idea though.
    :)
  12. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Yeah something is wrong with my computer, it won't allow me to enter the chat rooms. I click on enter and nothing happens, I wait for longer than five minutes but no chat room appears. So then I follow the steps if you can't access the chat rooms, but still it won't work. Frustrating!

Thanks for trying Monica. If you provide your support group info to the CFIDS association they do NOT post your info on the web. They only provide info via mail for CFIDS members who are interested in support groups, so I think it would be safe to advertise the support group there. Best of Luck, Thanks again, Sean
  13. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Sadly Marianna had some further health complications that prevented her from continuing the group. It was a small group, usually about 2-3 members, plus Marianna and her husband. It was a good location for me, about 15 minutes away, becuase the other support groups are in Morgan Hill, San Francisco, and Hayward.

So the south pennisula and south bay were kind of left out, surprising considering that San Jose is the 10th largest city in the country and Santa Clara county has the highest income per capita in the state, you'd think there would be more support groups.

Although there used to be a San Jose support group, but ironically members became to fatigued(for lack of better words of course) to attend. Well maybe when it gets more established and such you can adverstise on the CFIDS.org site. I hope to attend soon! It's great news to hear you've formed a group!
  14. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Oh, thats awful to hear that she is enduring more health complications. That is too bad.

I just emailed CFIDS.org to see how to be added to the support group list. When i have more energy I will also see if they will run an announcement in the MV Voice and maybe the Mercury.....since they do free PSAs.

Anyhow, hope to see you at the next meeting.

Take Care!
    Monica
  15. kiten_deb

kiten_deb New Member

Cat, Thank You for the info, I just read it. I don't get on the computer to much, for I'm too tired! again Thanks Debbie
  16. kiten_deb

kiten_deb New Member

Thank You, I will check out the site. Debbie