Be Careful What you pray for - A funny story

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Takesha, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Many many years ago, I was married to a man who loved to smoke pot, and man did it bug me BIG TIME. He had the greenest thumb of anyone I knew and we had many beautiful houseplants. Well, one day when I came home from work, I found that my closet had been "fitted" with a grow light and several flower pots. He had decided to grow pot! Well, I did not feel right just throwing them out, so I started praying about it...NOTHING Happened! As a matter of fact the plants were growning and growing and growing and I was getting madder and madder and madder ( You know, "self-righteos indignation"). Well one day I was reading scripture and I read the scripture that says "Whatsoever you curse on earth will be cursed in Heaven." COOL..
    I walked to the closest, swung open the door, and cursed those pot plants in the name of Jesus, "Dry up at the roots" I commanded in my most authoritive voice. I was so impressed with myself! lol Well, they did dry up and die, however I didn't get the outcome I expected..I thought the whole thing was over and done with, until my ex rolled the pot and smoked it! GRRRR I couldnt complain, I got what I asked for. GRIN

Takesha
  2. Takesha

Takesha New Member

I can remember when I first got saved, and my pastor taught about not being afraid to be "A FOOL FOR JESUS"...I don't think I disappointed him...lol The problem is sometimes I think I am more of a fool...than a fool for Jesus! Praise God for a sense of humor!

Takesha