BeansMom - recent LV doctor's appt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DemonFairy, Jun 8, 2009.

1. DemonFairy

DemonFairy New Member

I missed the post a month ago when you said that you had an appt. with Dr. Joe. Since you don't accept email, I wanted to find out how it went and if he helped you as much as he's helped me.

I hope it went well. I'm afraid that I might have to move and start doing the doctor search all over again, in the middle of the boonies of KS. I wouldn't have any qualms about moving (ugh, foreclosure), if I didn't have to worry so much about finding a good pain management doctor and a good vet.

Anyway, I hope your first visit with Dr. Joe went well. He's a good guy. He's kind of extra serious, but he really wants to help, which is more than I can say for a lot of the doctors I've seen mentioned on this board who won't give their pain patients anything except the equivalent of Advil. Who needs a doctor for *that*?
  2. DemonFairy

DemonFairy New Member

It goes against everything I stand for as a message board owner/admin (elsewhere) to bump a post, but I don't know how else to make sure BeansMom sees this post. I really wish this board had private messages, so that whenever she got back online, she could get the message from me. Heck, I could have an appointment within 15 minutes of her at our same doctor's office and not know it was her. So, this is my only way to reach her and find out if my doctor helped her. I'm willing to bet that she was surprised at not having to fight to get something for pain relief, but I'd like to make sure, in case I ever want to refer anyone else to the same doctor.
  3. DemonFairy

DemonFairy New Member

It goes against everything I stand for as a message board owner/admin (elsewhere) to bump a post, but I don't know how else to make sure BeansMom sees this post. I really wish this board had private messages, so that whenever she got back online, she could get the message from me. Heck, I could have an appointment within 15 minutes of her at our same doctor's office and not know it was her. So, this is my only way to reach her and find out if my doctor helped her. I'm willing to bet that she was surprised at not having to fight to get something for pain relief, but I'd like to make sure, in case I ever want to refer anyone else to the same doctor.