Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by therealmadscientist, Feb 18, 2011.

1. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Other than"destroying" my life, maybe bedbugs aren't so bad. They are Just trying to make a living.
    No. Actually they are miserable parasites. Spawn of the Devil. They evolved in bat caves.
    Bats eat bugs, so bedbugs are incredibly "smart". I kill 99%, and the 1% survivors come back with a vengance and are "smarter". I am pretty sure that they developed ESP (extra sensory perception). They can probably read minds.
    I am starting to itch again,so will probablly sign off for now. I think I'm winning, again. Maybe
    Propoxur will work. Malathion seems to work some. Everything that works seems to be outlawed by the government. sigh. I would probably sell my soul for a gallon of DDT. Other than that, my life is going pretty well. Cheers, your mr bill

2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Please don't use those horrible pesticides. This Company specializes in environmentally safe pest control. Give them a call, I'm sure they have something safe and completely effective.
  3. therealmadscientist

I MEAN , I'm I like desperate. Like I would prefer to have cancer, than have these parasites. sigh, your mr bill maybe
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I don't wonder that you're desperate. I would be too. People as
    illish as we should not be plagued w/ bugs too.

Regarding the rise and fall of the American Empire, James Burke
    said Rome fell because the taxes were too high and army wasn't
    winning the wars. He might have added the disparity between the
    few rich and the many poor.

Sound familiar?

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are companies which will bring a heater into the room to raise the temp to where the bugs cannot live. You can start by putting bedding into the washer on hot and drying it on high in the dryer. Or, on a sunny day, you can put it in a plastic bag inside the car and leave it.

A store which sells mattresses here will come out with a vacuum which sucks them out of the mattress and uses ultraviolet light to kill germs. It costs about $100.

They want warmth, so you can place a heating pad in the center of the bed and catch them when they come out. Of course, this has to be repeated as they reproduce. They can live by eating only once a year. When they are not eating, they can live outside the bed. They love headboards and artwork. In one church, where there were no pads on the pews and no carpeting, they were living in the Bibles. Our library was infested. They claim to have eradicated them but I will not go there now. I worried about picking one up on the plane when I flew to Atlanta. You can get them anywhere, including dressing rooms in stores. AACK!

Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  6. therealmadscientist

it winter now so I am using cold try and exterminate them.
    There so much contradictory information on the internet. I've tried a bunch of methods including green ones. Diatomaceous earth sort of works,maybe, but I think it too humid or something. Also,when I vacuumed, the dust was terrible. I don't want to throw everything out....too many books,etc.
    The Propoxur seems to be exterminating them but I need to wait a month or so. The bites can easily last two weeks, so two bites a night can leave two dozen bites.
    I didn't know what they were at first, so they got a good start all over the house. The signature is three or more BITES IN A ROW. I've wondered if olive oil that the Romans used instead soap might be effective. Cheers, your slightly neurotic feeling mr bill.